Broken puck

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
anyway to save this puck? The rim chipped off which the holder grips onto. Hate to waste half a puck!!!
image.jpg

user name

user name

Reaction score
Time to sculpt some jewelry/novelties by hand or some funky tooth stuff for display.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
What the puck is wrong?

It's trash now man....no fixing that one. Those VHF style mills with the

half moon fixture in them was notorious for doing that if you didn't

have all of the dust cleaned out between the clamps.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Create new disc with same parameters and turn the disc in the holder. You will not be able to use the entire thing, but you should be able to get a few more singles from the unused portion. Just use your imagination to visualize the areas that are used and unused on the screen.

PearlZ

PearlZ

Reaction score
take new identical puck, wrap it in siltec

transfer to old puck, fill with stone

use for novelty purposes. integrity might be compromised so cutting cases might not be a good idea.

MAFCDL

MAFCDL

Reaction score
I'd trash it. The time you will spend trying to come up with a fix will cost you more than you'll save by squeezing a few more units it.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Create new disc with same parameters and turn the disc in the holder. You will not be able to use the entire thing, but you should be able to get a few more singles from the unused portion. Just use your imagination to visualize the areas that are used and unused on the screen.
Thanks Patrick good idea I was going to try that but I think the other side is just to thinned out and break off pretty quick. Thanks everyone else for good ideas maybe I'll make a cool knife blade or something?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Jeeze Riley,

it's still good for a business!

ow.gif

upload_2015-6-29_13-45-30.jpeg

Juliana McCready

Juliana McCready

Reaction score
I have had to deal with this in the past. I would just take the puck and flip it over. Then i would just create a new puck in my milling software and mill as much as I could in that area. I am not a fan of wasting Zirconia.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I have had to deal with this in the past. I would just take the puck and flip it over. Then i would just create a new puck in my milling software and mill as much as I could in that area. I am not a fan of wasting Zirconia.

That's pretty easy with those types of holders. You can almost make the tool touch the Zr

in the same spot if you line it up right only if the other side isn't damaged too.

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
rotate 180 deg with Nonius funktion in SUM and move on.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Waste can also be in time not used to it's full potential.

How many crowns can you make while you are figuring a way fixing this?

I will never forget the three highest paid techs in a lab I worked at spending 30 minuets deciding how to fix a broken plaster saw but the lab could not afford to give me a raise. Didn't stay long after that.

Juliana McCready

Juliana McCready

Reaction score
Waste can also be in time not used to it's full potential.

How many crowns can you make while you are figuring a way fixing this?

I will never forget the three highest paid techs in a lab I worked at spending 30 minuets deciding how to fix a broken plaster saw but the lab could not afford to give me a raise. Didn't stay long after that.

I agree. If you know your mill well enough, you should know within a minute or two if its possible to use the puck. Don't waste an insane amount of time trying to use this puck if its not going to gain you a profit in the end.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
I agree. If you know your mill well enough, you should know within a minute or two if its possible to use the puck. Don't waste an insane amount of time trying to use this puck if its not going to gain you a profit in the end.

Exactly, The way I was talking about, I could make a new disc and nest 4 more crowns in it in less that 3 minutes.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
If you're using hyperdent/precise cam you can right. Lick on the puck in Cam and choose rotate blank. Enter 180 as you value and the used parts of the bested material will rotate allowing you to add new units and load the puck with the unbroken lip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
If you're using hyperdent/preciso cam you can right cLick on the puck in Cam and choose rotate blank. Enter 180 deg. as your value and the used parts of the nested material will rotate allowing you to add new units and load the puck with the unbroken lip.
Sorry autocorrect took over my first post