skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
[emoji85]

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey everbody! What do I do for a implant direct legacy 4 ti base for screw retained crown. Since it's Friday I know I'll be getting lot's of help!!!!! I was told by a certain someone who shall not be named that legacy 4 isn't compatible with Zimmer stuff

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
all legacy series is Zimmer compatible, except for the 3.0 which is proprietary (per a conversation with implant direct)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
all legacy series is Zimmer compatible, except for the 3.0 which is proprietary (per a conversation with implant direct)
Weird cause they said Legacy 4 was the only non compatible. I'm calling again:(

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I was pretty sure I did one yesterday... drop a scan body in
is it a 2.5 mm hex?
the 3.3-3.75 is a 2.5mm hex
the 5.7-6.0 is a 3mm hex

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Dr wrote
4.2 x 10
I'm assuming 10mm implant length and 4.2 total diameter at top?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
the 4.2 (green) is zimmer 3.5 compatible. the platforms are the same across the Legacy line. their catalog gives the 1-4 dimensions
the only "non cross-compatible" is the blue 3.0/3.2

yep.. 10mm is the length

R

Richard Chun

Reaction score
I think all 3.0 platforms are not cross-compatible. Biohorizons, Zimmer, and Implant direct 3.0 all have different internal connections. Only way to have anything custom milled for abutments and bars is through certified milling centers for their company. Like Atlantis does Astra 3.0, Vulcan Milling does Biohorizon 3.0, and Nobel mills Nobel Active 3.0. I might be wrong but I hope this helps.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Custom bars on 3mm platforms is asking for chassis failure.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you can say that again!

Taylor

Taylor

Reaction score
so there are no 3.0 interchangeable abutments?

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
I have not found anyone with an aftermarket or clone 3.0 internal hex ti base or abutment. You need to ask for technical specifications on the implant connection and screw design. We have this on all our parts in our catalog so people can make informed and educated decisions on cross compatibility.

keith goldstein

keith goldstein

Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206669/#!po=45.6250

Thanks for sharing that article...this is extremely important for all labs to understand especially for ones receiving custom milled abutments out of blanks of titanium that do not go through any post inspection using metrology systems to ensure the tolerances and accuracy are within the specs of the original CAD file. From glancing at the article which will be a good evening read, the companies that they compared Astra too I would assume that none of them claim to be "compatible" with these companies but similar so I bet in their design file of their abutment and screw design one can find differences which would impact the tolerance and fit of their components in an Astra implant.