3shape implant Tranfer Jigs/positioning guides

C

chooch0918

Reaction score
According to the "Whats new in 2015" we will be able to print or mill trasnfer jigs via 3shape. Is anyone doing this on 2014 or know if it's possible?

upload_2015-5-29_13-54-16.png

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Appliance Designer will allow you to create an output like the one you have pictured.. It is available for 2014 users, it is a separate license from Dental System. You could probably use Splint Designer to do it as well (Although you would have to merge the bar and shell evenly). Splint Designer is included for free with Dental System 2014 v2.9.9.3 and above.

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
Unless you're mass producing them to accompany each abutment made, I don't see the point of making them digitally...it takes only about 5 minutes to make them out of light cured acrylic like primo splint.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
According to the "Whats new in 2015" we will be able to print or mill trasnfer jigs via 3shape. Is anyone doing this on 2014 or know if it's possible?

View attachment 18550
'
Very simple to do in 2014. In the work order select the teeth then select frame coping, material to PMMA then bridge them together. Now set the insertion axis based off the implant draw, then set the margins on the adjacent teeth similar to what is in the picture you have. Then set the margin on the implant , make the die spacer passive on the adjacent teeth and tighten it up a bit on the implant. Now in the design bulk up the walls and fill in the interproximal areas to make a smooth finish all around. Then go to the attachments and select hole 2.0mmx5.0mm then place it on the implant to go over the hole apply then you now have a implant jug, now fancy module or upgrade to 2015 needed.

Think outside box buddy.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I would love to be able to make a reduction coping during the design phase. So if you discover during the design phase that there is insufficient occlusal clearance, you could adjust the virtual prep and create a seperate reduction coping file to be milled or printed a simultaneously with the crown.
Thoughts?

AndyB

AndyB

Reaction score
Just got the
positioning_zpspkkyivp0.jpg
latest build of 3shape and they have added positioning guide , but not sure how it works yet, i tried scanning a model but doesnt seem to work for designing.....

C

chooch0918

Reaction score
Appliance Designer will allow you to create an output like the one you have pictured.. It is available for 2014 users, it is a separate license from Dental System. You could probably use Splint Designer to do it as well (Although you would have to merge the bar and shell evenly). Splint Designer is included for free with Dental System 2014 v2.9.9.3 and above.

With Appliance Designer, how would you add the hole for the abutment? Also...i don't think it's possible to bring the abutment design into AD in order to set it..

C

chooch0918

Reaction score
Just got the
positioning_zpspkkyivp0.jpg
latest build of 3shape and they have added positioning guide , but not sure how it works yet, i tried scanning a model but doesnt seem to work for designing.....

Very nice. What build are you working with?

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
With Appliance Designer, how would you add the hole for the abutment? Also...i don't think it's possible to bring the abutment design into AD in order to set it..

I believe it would be in the scan or either appended from the design for the top geometry of

the abutment to be in the splint.

C

cap_yk

Reaction score

You can add the hole using the attachments feature. You could finish the abutment design in Dental Designer and then "append CAD design to prep scan", then use that scan in AD. Again, this is a workaround method that came to mind for those who are not on 2015 AND have an appliance designer license, probably not an ideal workflow.

Sevan P put up a good suggestion earlier in the thread as well.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
You can add the hole using the attachments feature. You could finish the abutment design in Dental Designer and then "append CAD design to prep scan", then use that scan in AD. Again, this is a workaround method that came to mind for those who are not on 2015 AND have an appliance designer license, probably not an ideal workflow.

Exactly what I said. Haha.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
This will become part of the abutment module. We have a beta version of the software for making the jig. Works great takes about a minute to design. Can be milled or printed.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
I think it's great. Since we have a 3d printer. I can just design it real quick. Put the labs name on it cause that makes it fancy. And throw it on the print tray with other models and boom. No mess, and a fancy jig.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Also, you could just rescan the abutment and its neighbors, select bridge framework, and produce an .stl that looks like a jig even though its a few splinted copings.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Keep in mind when printing jigs, most print materials have not been cleared for FDA use imtraorally

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Cheap import light cured composite is fast and easy for this.

I sure don't want a competent dental designer's expensive time used making this sort of stuff.

I also don't want valuable mill or printing time used for this until it cheaper and much faster that it is now.

There are still things in the lab you can do digitally that are better served with analog work.

C

chooch0918

Reaction score

Hi, Thanks for the response.
Are you sure you there is the "ATTACHMENT" feature in Appliance Designer? I'm not seeing the options..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Cheap import light cured composite is fast and easy for this.

I sure don't want a competent dental designer's expensive time used making this sort of stuff.

I also don't want valuable mill or printing time used for this until it cheaper and much faster that it is now.

There are still things in the lab you can do digitally that are better served with analog work.

What separator do you recommend using on the monitor?:rolleyes:

C

cap_yk

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks for the response.
Are you sure you there is the "ATTACHMENT" feature in Appliance Designer? I'm not seeing the options..

No problem at all. I'll show you an example on a simple shell workflow in appliance designer.

Appliance Designer lets you add features on the fly.
15ydv5x.jpg
- no attachment feature present

30tp4xy.jpg
- Click the "Features" tab

rk7bs0.jpg
- Add the "Attachments" feature

3r5ef.jpg
- Click back over to the "Workflows" tab and choose attachment