Anyone have any experience with Safco PVS Impressions

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Have an account who recently switched to this stuff and now everything's a remake. As usual - its our fault. Never mind that he didn't have any remakes before the switch. Claims our disinfectant is distorting his impressions. Doesn't want us to use it. I won't do that. We are at an impasse.

If anyone has any advice, I'm all ears...

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You know I would suggest doing a Trios scan and then compare it to his material.
If he thinks it's your disinfectant then have him spray with his and go from there.

Are you seeing distortions? Can you send him a screen shot?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Let him know disinfecting impressions is an OSHA regulation. Not your choice.
I would also call the impression material manufacturer and find out what they recommend for disinfecting their material. All materials must be disinfected. So there must be at least one that will work. In fact, the one you are using is likely acceptable. Determine if the product you are using would or could cause the impression to distort.
After discussing with the manufacturer ask them to confirm the discussion in an email.
Forward your findings (or manufacturer email) to the doc and you should have a solution.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Confirm that they aren't soaking their impressions before sending them out, as in 15-20 minutes? If that's the case, at least if they would only dip it, or spray it, then you could follow up on your end with the same. (dip or spray them)

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
They are likely doing nothing in regards to disinfecting.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Bob, have you ever heard of Safco brand? Is it a reputable, stable brand of PVS in general? Or is this Dr just trying to get by with something cheaper?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
No, but honestly, I have never researched all the manufacturers of PVS.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I get pvs impressions all the time, in zip lock bags that have been rinsed, sprayed with Cavicide then wrapped in a Cavicide wipe and they aren't distorted. Try the same thing with a polyether impression and it will definitely be inaccurate. I have no idea what brand of pvs material my accounts use however.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No, but honestly, I have never researched all the manufacturers of PVS.

I've just never heard of it before, compared to the bigger name brands from/of 3M, Aquasil, GC, etc.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I doubt they make it, just someone else's private labeled for them.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
:) Double take, I like it, matching avatar and image post...but I guess I'm easily amused :D

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Wish I had a nickel for every time some jackass decides to change technique and then blame their failure on the lab.
Tha whole "don't disinfect" crap speaks volumes about this idiots awareness, or lack thereof, regarding taking responsibility for himself.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
You know I would suggest doing a Trios scan and then compare it to his material.
If he thinks it's your disinfectant then have him spray with his and go from there.

Are you seeing distortions? Can you send him a screen shot?
We are going to offer to do a Trios scan and have him take an impression and compare..