May LMT/ Glidewell Article

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Just got my issue and was wondering if any one on the forum has read this, and if so, what are your thoughts? Mid-size labs are through, little guys will consolidate (be absorbed) by big box labs and let's mill more units and charge even less? LMT calls Mr. Glidewell an "industry icon". Is Glidewell building and selling mills?

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I think that's about right, except I think a fair number of small labs will hang on for quite awhile.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Just got my issue and was wondering if any one on the forum has read this, and if so, what are your thoughts? Mid-size labs are through, little guys will consolidate (be absorbed) by big box labs and let's mill more units and charge even less? LMT calls Mr. Glidewell an "industry icon". Is Glidewell building and selling mills?
Large labs cannot provide the service that small lab relationships can.
That article is GW propaganda for his vision of the future.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
My guess is chair side mills or lasers do the single units and small boutique shops will get the good stuff. 5-7 years down the road. Hopefully.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Well I guess everyone has a their view of the future, but I think GW is struggling with other labs large and offshore labs to keep the scraps at the bottom of the barrel. That is who he now has to serve. I recently had 2 doctors that tried the cheap price on Bruxzirs and got fed up with what they got back. Now they pay me a $100 more to get a predictable result. The model work was some of the worst I've seen. Digital may sound like a low price solution for a product that should be consistent in every way, but it just doesn't work that way all the time. It only takes a few screw ups to have a patient start thinking about maybe trying another practice.

Top Bottom