Special Price on VersaMILL 5X Mill

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
yap. works fantastic. needed some design adjustment to get accurate fits but its not too different from the settings needed to get good fits from roland.

our titanium c+b now needs no internal adjusting to seat, and needs no external finishing at the margin. just cut the sprues and go.

we are waiting like everyone else with a versamill to get the emax templates. ive sent a few more units off yesterday to them as samples to examine their calculation process and see if they may have issues in producing. good exmples too i think because they are pretty wild.

so no emax yet.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
..... good examples too i think because they are pretty wild.

Yes sir, I saw what you sent.:eek:
I'd say pretty wild is pretty accurate, possibly an understatement.
thanks....I think. ;)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
chris showed me the improvements made to the calc after receiving those units - wow.

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
Can this machine mill implant bridge from CrCo or Ti with angulated screw hole (not straight)? And also, does it have a tool usually called "T SLOT"??
tool.png ANGLE CORRECTION.JPG

EGE

EGE

Reaction score
the machine can do this of course, it all depends on the CAM.

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
Yes, of course. But is it possible to mill my example with the CAM software, that Axys company provides for their machines?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Yes, it can be done with the CAM Software provided but it would not necessarily be the easiest thing for a user to accomplish.

Effectively the 'implant' would be configured as two separate implants (in the case of the second- a counterbore).

The key is having geometry to define the cylinder's axis or a flat plane to determine the secondary vector.

Most design systems provide a method by which points can be selected internally on the counterbore/slotted cylinder that are evenly distributed allowing for the axis vector and center to be defined.

In the displayed example, this would need to be somewhere in the "middle" of the cylinder to get the planar section defined accurately (as both the top and bottom would not be adequate).

We would want to provide a specialized routine to accomplish the task that would greatly simplify the process.

At this point we have not found a need for "T-Slot" cutters in our customers dental applications. This is largely because the machining of counterbore flats are typically performed from the counterbore side with a flat endmill; which also eliminates the need for an additional tool change operation.

Please send me a message if you are interested in finding out more.

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
hi brayks correct me if i am wrong but the screw seat in this case is done from the interface side ?? how can it be done only with a flat from upside ??? than the tool must go down in the center and angel than but which tool allows 20-25 degrees angel in this small channel ??

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
You are exactly right cadfan. The tool axis must be setup to advance/retract along the "cylinder" axis and machine perpendicular to it.
Finding the correct "t-slot" cutter is a more significant challenge than the actual programming involved (given the correct CAM software of course).
In this case (and likely most) the tools cutting diameter would likely be something on the order of 2mm or less and depending on the neck diameter the actual milled diameter could very likely not exceed 3mm (difference between neck diameter and milling diameter of tool including clearance).
Of course finding the correct length of the tool with the required shank diameter would also be challenging in terms of "off-the-shelf" tooling.
In most cases working with a cutting tool manufacturer like Microcut to make custom (carbide/AlTiN) tools would be the answer.
We have partnered with a few manufacturers that have help us in the past to provide custom tooling for specific applications that require non-standard products.

D

Dejvis

Reaction score
In this case it is not possible to mill without T-slot tool. Angled screw hole must milled from bottom side. If you would like to test there is the link to download this case: http://we.tl/tykvSXFeZy

Top Bottom