best support?

K

kmart

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm thinking of getting a medit blue scanner. What's the best place to by one with good support? Also is it necessary to get training from them at there location? I'm just a one man show here and can't afford to leave for a few days to travel across the country

Thanks!

C

charles007

Reaction score
There are many good resellers of scanners with Exocad and Medit scanner resellers, and it all comes down to getting the best support like you asked.
No one on the planet knows more about Exocad than Chris Brown, and I bet you will not find any resellers to argue that point.
I changed my support to Chris several weeks ago and extremely happy. Chris is not a reseller yet for one particular scanner but can sell you a Blue.
Here's his business name.. Aclivi Consulting/Techincal Services 810 360 9773........ Chris is also a member here on DLN

Charles

Darby Hawkes

Darby Hawkes

Reaction score
Precision milling in Utah. Jim ? Is the tech guy and is great. We bought a scanner 5 yrs ago and he has been great to work with.

biodentg

biodentg

Reaction score
Precision milling in Utah. Jim ? Is the tech guy and is great. We bought a scanner 5 yrs ago and he has been great to work with.

Jim is the best, but sadly B&D does not sell any Medit scanner anymore.
and if you are just beginning, you are better off with 3Shape, and even better if you get it from CAP's support.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
If you go with 3Shape, I would suggest Core3D. I've had four different support companies over the years, and they are by far and away the best....

Wyolab

Wyolab

Reaction score
I bought mine from Dominion Milling Center in Richmond, VA. Scott's people there have always been helpful.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I bought mine from Dominion Milling Center in Richmond, VA. Scott's people there have always been helpful.
a debateable point. one i will leave well enough alone.

K

kmart

Reaction score
Regardless of which scanner I choose, do I need to get trained at their facility? Like I said I'm just a one man show so I can't really leave the lab when I'm as busy as I am. Could you get some training via team viewer or something?

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
If you go with 3Shape, I would suggest Core3D. I've had four different support companies over the years, and they are by far and away the best....
they failed us in Spain, couldn't fixe errors in their library so they offered "discount" but not a solution :/

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Regardless of which scanner I choose, do I need to get trained at their facility? Like I said I'm just a one man show so I can't really leave the lab when I'm as busy as I am. Could you get some training via team viewer or something?

As convenient as it sounds not to leave your lab for training, I would suggest against it, unless you are prepared to shut down for 2 days and not take any calls from clients. I find when training in a laboratory there are too many distractions and the customer does not get all that they hope to from it. When you travel away from your lab to train you are focused on learning and don't have the distractions that come with running the lab.

IMHO but YMMV.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
they failed us in Spain, couldn't fixe errors in their library so they offered "discount" but not a solution :/
Well, next time I'm scanning and designing in Spain I will look elsewhere...