RE: Computers and Monitors

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I assume that the computers shipped with 3shape are more than up to the job for the tasks at hand. Or, are there certain things I would want to add or change right from the beginning ? Will the same computer work just as well with a 700 thru 2000 ? Also can someone recommend a monitor ? The last thread I could find was from 4 years ago. I'm thinking to purchase a D810. Thanks for any input.

ChrisBWJ

ChrisBWJ

Reaction score
When it comes to monitors, I've had good luck with Asus and Samsung monitors. I prefer to run two monitors, and the bigger the better whenever I can! For dental CAD work, I'm not sure it makes a huge difference when it comes to monitor brands. If you were talking photography post-processing, it would be a different story.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Shipped with my D500 2 years ago. I'm sure a higher tier 800 series may have a better graphics card in it? My graphics card is a bit on the entry level side, the HD is 250GB 7200RPM, the monitor is a Asus VE247. It all works, and I haven't had an issue in which I would need to change anything, but would only upgrade for my personal preference sake.

Which gives me the question, how many PC hardware changes can you make on a 3Shape PC without freaking it out, that the dongle would no longer read it as the PC it shipped with? Can you change out the graphics card or RAM without any issues, or the MOBO? What if you need to upgrade the PSU to handle a better graphics card, would that also be a 3Shape no longer "recognizes this PC", issue?

3shape%20specs_zpslz00tb9x.png

Last edited:
M

millhouse

Reaction score
We've got our Computer new in 2014, from 3shape, with same specs as above. Its a "HP 8300 Elite SFF" it runs very good. Nowadays you probably get an i7 4th Generation. The only limitation is the small form factor of the tower itself, it only take low profile graphics cards. Today, the graphics card should have at least 2 GB DDR5 RAM.

The dongle didn't cares about the pc, it runs with every computer with the right specs, the only problem i've got is with different usb versions on one mainboard. with different usb controllers for usb2 and 3. The software tells me i should plug mouse and keyboard in other usb jacks.
Upgrade parts should ordered directly from HP, the heating of the small case could be a problem with faster graphics cards.

As monitor i prefer a BenQ BL3200PT, with special CAD Option.

C

charles007

Reaction score
That last thread on monitors aprox 4 years ago was probably started by me... lol

Monitor size is really a individual preference and many of us prefer larger monitors/TV''s.
I now use a 32" Led TV and the picture quality looks no different than my last 24" high priced high resolution computer monitor made for Cad.
If this is your first scanner, you will tend to zoom in and out a lot, and a larger screen/TV, will help with less zooming.
If I ever replace this 32"TV, will buy 37" TV......fyi computers monitors get very expensive at 28" and larger..
Computers... I'm sure the computer that comes with 3shape is fine. If your able to upgrade, use SSD HD,