Yenadent / Origin milling machines

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
I sold it. It milled great just not the type of machine I needed. It was the larger pro 3000 upgraded to a 4000. It's a beast. The issue I had was wanting to multitask with it. It has a very large interior volume. Difficult to clean if your trying to go wet and dry. I decided I would just mill zr and chrome in it dry. Well, the CAM is locked by B&D. It has their strategies. Which are ok but I wanted to mill chrome dry and they had it set to wet. I could easily cut off the liquid but it would not cut on the air or vac. I had to do it manually and each time it made a bur change I had to do it all again. Don't worry, I just did a few units of chrome;) no way I was going to baby sit. So, that's pretty much it. The individual that has it now is running it like crazy and loves it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That old mill is a hussy man, she has been around and is rocking and rolling and cranking out hundreds of units a week. It runs literally 24/7. I love the Origin machines, to me best machines around.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
That old mill is a hussy man, she has been around and is rocking and rolling and cranking out hundreds of units a week. It runs literally 24/7. I love the Origin machines, to me best machines around.
Lol, well there you go guys. Tyler's the one that's abusing her now....

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
He bought it back with his new company?!? Ha!

I bought it back because I knew there was nothing wrong with it and we needed it. We now have 8 milling machines and they are running none stop and we still don't have enough machines.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I bought it back because I knew there was nothing wrong with it and we needed it. We now have 8 milling machines and they are running none stop and we still don't have enough machines.
Dude, I totally get it. I'm running one cute little mill but could totally use about 36 more!
:)

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Dude, I totally get it. I'm running one cute little mill but could totally use about 36 more!
:)

Lol you do have a cute little mill Five

We are running over 300 units a day and we are always trying to improve our production flow and having the big mills like we do helps us with the longevity of things.

D

dbas

Reaction score
Lol you do have a cute little mill Five

We are running over 300 units a day and we are always trying to improve our production flow and having the big mills like we do helps us with the longevity of things.

Can I ask you if today you would maybe consider to buy a big milling machine like a Mikron or a Roeders or these machines are nowadays too expensive, complicated, heavy...upsolete?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Don't need them, we have a Haas to run any of our Ti abutments and Bars. The rest is all zirconia.

D

dbas

Reaction score
Don't need them, we have a Haas to run any of our Ti abutments and Bars. The rest is all zirconia.

Can I ask you what is the range price of a Haas. I was thinking about who is still interesting in buying big milling machines? how big do you need to be to invest so much?

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
I would rather not say how much it is. To me the I like bigger machines, heavier sturdier footprints eliminates vibrations and longer lasting.

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Can I ask you what is the range price of a Haas. I was thinking about who is still interesting in buying big milling machines? how big do you need to be to invest so much?

around 150k

H

hehlstorm

Reaction score
Call us (B&D Dental Technologies ) about the Origin Haas 5HD which AXIS mentioned they use.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thought I would revive the thread . Milled yesterday for another lab .
Passive fit , Shefield test .
Scanner : GC Aadva , scanflags pattened system
Milling machine : Custom made Yenadent D40
CAM software : YenaCam 5.0
Milled in 5 hours and 30 minutes

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
You make me want to do metal again. How cool is that?

zdental

zdental

Reaction score
Would you give that Job also to your D15?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
You make me want to do metal again. How cool is that?

Thanks man ! This is for another lab . I hope I will be milling Pekkton for my full arch implant cases

T

Torquadon

Reaction score
Drizzt we recently bought DC40, brilliant machine. Very happy with results so far. I have few questions about bur life:

1. How often you replace 2,1, 0.6 burs if you dry mill crco?
2. How often you replace 2, 1, 0.6 burs if you wet mill crco?
3. How often you replace 2, 1, 0.6 burs if you mill ti?

Any info much appreciated :)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Drizzt we recently bought DC40, brilliant machine. Very happy with results so far. I have few questions about bur life:

1. How often you replace 2,1, 0.6 burs if you dry mill crco?
2. How often you replace 2, 1, 0.6 burs if you wet mill crco?
3. How often you replace 2, 1, 0.6 burs if you mill ti?

Any info much appreciated :)

Hey there , just saw that you asked a question !

I am getting from 30 to 50 units with one set of tools . I am not using 0.6 tool for CoCr , except some implant geometries . Titanium is a little more than that , but again can't be so sure because I only mill implant cases on Ti . DC 40 is an amazing machine. I wish I could have spent those extra money back then when I bought my machine . Perfectly happy with my modified D40 , but I always want the better one !!!