Emax Value ingots

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I have a hard time to convert the Value ingots. There are no shade tabs and the ingots are too thick to compare. I am also disappointed that they don't apply to dark shades. Does someone have experience with them and made a usable list which ingot to use for the vita classic shade guide?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Im not going to be quick to jump on board with those either. It seems odd they would try selling new ingots without providing shade tabs.

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
I was so excited about the new ingots, because they were sold to me as medium translucent ingots. Those are the ones I use most in Authentic and really miss in Emax. HT is often too translucent and too low in value. To keep the value you have to choose a much brighter ingot and stain the heck out of it. I don't like that. LT only looks good if layered I think. I don't believe in staining much. This is one of those half digested ideas from Ivoclar and no one knows what they were thinking when they did it. They sell it to you and then let you fail because there is no tech support ( at least no knowledgeable). Oh if I didn't have to deal with Ivoclar, I would be a happy camper. They have the worst customer service in the world.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Ive received better customer service from Ivoclar than anyone else in ANY business. Other than no shade tabs for the new ingots, at least to there credit, Ive always received free products anytime something new comes out.

sixonice

sixonice

Reaction score
I have a hard time to convert the Value ingots. There are no shade tabs and the ingots are too thick to compare. I am also disappointed that they don't apply to dark shades. Does someone have experience with them and made a usable list which ingot to use for the vita classic shade guide?

Value 1: A2, A3, B2, C1, D2
Value 2: A1, B1
Value 3: Bleach 3 (BL3 & BL4)
Opal 1: Thin veneers & Veneers only. Very translucent. Identical to e.max ceram opal effect 1 powder (or any of ivoclar ceramic OE1).
Opal 2: Again Thin veneers & veneers. Identical to opal effect 2 powder.

I have played around and found these to work very well. The Value ingots increase in Value as you move up from 1, 2, 3. The ingots fill the "Value" niche' very nicely. They could be considered medium translucency and they are designed for the anterior smaile makeover type cases in the brighter, whiter shades. For the darker shades just go to the LT ingots which are chroma based (which works well for darker shades anyway).

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Thanks for that chart. I will try this.

S

Steve@Dentech

Reaction score

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score

the Value Ingot has been renamed to the MT (Medium Transluceny). The V1, V2, V3 are still the same ingot with different labels on them as well as a couple new shades:

MTBL2
MTBL3 (Former V3)
MTBL4 (Former V2)
MTA1
MTA2
MTA3
MTB1 (Former V1)

doug

doug

Reaction score
interesting how the difference in pricing changed.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Yes they did bring the pricing to be more in line with the other ingots.

E

eethanshire

Reaction score
Patrick,
Is there an updated ingot selection chart with the MT ingots referenced?

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
the Value Ingot has been renamed to the MT (Medium Transluceny). The V1, V2, V3 are still the same ingot with different labels on them as well as a couple new shades:

MTBL2
MTBL3 (Former V3)
MTBL4 (Former V2)
MTA1
MTA2
MTA3
MTB1 (Former V1)

Thanks for these conversions, Patrick, as the brochure I received from Ivoclar wasn't as helpful (easy to understand) as your complete breakdown of all the MT ingots. I will be using these a lot, as I've wanted more of a mid range opacity ingot between the LTs and HTs.

It would really be nice if Ivoclar would follow up on subrisi's suggestion of darker shades as well as the low value shades, A3.5, B2-3, C1-3, D2-3 for a more complete selection to chose from, instead of trying to stain some to make them work.

I agree with user name, I've always received the customer service and tech support from Ivoclar as needed.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick,
Is there an updated ingot selection chart with the MT ingots referenced?

The message we have gotten from Lichtenstein is that the Online Ingot Selection Wheel (http://www.ivoclarvivadent.com/e.max-shade-selection ) and the iPad App will be updated and then become the standard for ingot selection, as demonstrated by the newest Instructions for Use which no longer has the chart in it. The theory is that these being an electronic medium will be easier to get any updates to the customers (although I know the online version has not been updated yet, not sure about the iPad as I don't have one). We here in the US have requested that they still make some sort of hard copy chart, maybe even a laminated version that can be used by labs.

Hopefully we will see the update to the electronic versions very soon. This will help me as well, because I don't have one either.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Thanks for these conversions, Patrick, as the brochure I received from Ivoclar wasn't as helpful (easy to understand) as your complete breakdown of all the MT ingots. I will be using these a lot, as I've wanted more of a mid range opacity ingot between the LTs and HTs.

It would really be nice if Ivoclar would follow up on subrisi's suggestion of darker shades as well as the low value shades, A3.5, B2-3, C1-3, D2-3 for a more complete selection to chose from, instead of trying to stain some to make them work.

I agree with user name, I've always received the customer service and tech support from Ivoclar as needed.

I'm glad you are happy with our customer service. We strive to make that a priority in our department. We are constantly trying to increase our knowledge in the dental field.

It is also my understanding that eventually you will see the MT line expand and bring in other shade groups. I hope we will not have an ingot for every shade, as that just makes the lab have a larger inventory to manage. I can easily make a C2 out of a C1, or a D4 out of a D3. But having those other shade group options would be helpful in my opinion. But then again, my opinion does not sway company direction, yet. :D

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
They need more bleach shades in the Multi ingot line!

Also, I updated my EP5000 to the 7.1 software yesterday and now I am having issues pressing the multi ingot.
When I was using V7.0 it worked beautifully, I was very happy with it. The only thing that has changed is the software.

I just got off the phone with Ivoclar's tech support and they didn't have a clue as to what was wrong nor did they know what was changed in the software update.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
...wish I had seen that conversion chart before I made my order last week....