Best stain for emax

P

Pam Gingerich

Reaction score
We use GC Initial luster paste. But you need to do a 2 stage stain and glaze. First coat is stain and glaze liquid. Second coat is luster paste, but apply it a little heavy, the mix should not be to thick. They look really nice.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Had to ask this question somewhere, here seems right. Anyone using insync stains and glaze on e.max as a internal stain before layering? Any issues with porcelain bonding to insync glazed crown?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Had to ask this question somewhere, here seems right. Anyone using insync stains and glaze on e.max as a internal stain before layering? Any issues with porcelain bonding to insync glazed crown?
ive asked if that was a good idea or not...but since ivoclar wont support jensens products, they say no.
and since jensen wont support ivoclar products, they say no.

ive been tempted to try it on a spare crown, but have yet to find the extra time. if you try it, please let us know!

C

charles007

Reaction score

Yes you can use InSyn stains for internal stain before layering dentin.
Two Must follow rules :
1. Fire stains at same temp as your bisbake of your dentin porcelain. (InSyn stains have a wide firing range.)
2. Don't use the Glaze on your internal layer, only colored stains.
3. Glaze paste is used for glazing in 1 or 2 firing technique....

Riley, Jensen has a new Imagine porcelain kit that's made for layering/ Micro layering. InSyn and Imagine are the same porcelains
but Imagine are the Enamels, tran/effect powders. In other words, Imagine kit doesn't include dentin powders. Both InSyn/Imagine works in
conjunction with InSyn stains just like you can do the same with GC porcelain and GC Lustre paste.....
InSyn/Imagine porcelain is a low firing porcelain system that works on both Emax and zirconia..

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
No issues with GC lustre paste .

Why,because it's not a glaze.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
ive asked if that was a good idea or not...but since ivoclar wont support jensens products, they say no.
and since jensen wont support ivoclar products, they say no.

ive been tempted to try it on a spare crown, but have yet to find the extra time. if you try it, please let us know!

Yes you can use InSyn stains for internal stain before layering dentin.
Two Must follow rules :
1. Fire stains at same temp as your bisbake of your dentin porcelain. (InSyn stains have a wide firing range.)
2. Don't use the Glaze on your internal layer, only colored stains.
3. Glaze paste is used for glazing in 1 or 2 firing technique....

Riley, Jensen has a new Imagine porcelain kit that's made for layering/ Micro layering. InSyn and Imagine are the same porcelains
but Imagine are the Enamels, tran/effect powders. In other words, Imagine kit doesn't include dentin powders. Both InSyn/Imagine works in
conjunction with InSyn stains just like you can do the same with GC porcelain and GC Lustre paste.....
InSyn/Imagine porcelain is a low firing porcelain system that works on both Emax and zirconia..

Well, everything looked and "felt" the same. Fingers crossed. I'll do what you say Charles, just stain and no glaze then layer.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Riley, this info came straight from the horses mouth ... Terry McQ at last years InSyn hands-on class I attended....
That same question came up about using InSyn stains to set in colors during that same class by a loud mouth DLN member by the name of ? 007 ;)

R

RubyMeiners

Reaction score
I have to go with InSync. To me, it handles better than Lustre Pastes...
I just switched from e.max to InSync. I love the way InSync handles, but I'm having a real problem with the A shade...too high value.

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
I just switched from e.max to InSync. I love the way InSync handles, but I'm having a real problem with the A shade...too high value.
I agree, I use straight D shade "lightly", or a mixture of A and D shade paste to get the correct A shade on crowns.