tranz zirconia

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Are you using Lava Plus liquids to color?

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
No, I used Zirkonzahn but over fired the hell out of it( I'm just playing with the material) and it washed all the color out. They were pretty white when they came out. I quickly fired some insync stain and glaze. I just was chomping at the bit to see the translucency. I'm pretty pleased and look forward

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
CubeX2 with DD X2 liquid... Paint on SO incisal before dipping in dentin for 45 is the best i've found by trail.
Painting the dentin on takes alot more than 3 times. More like 5 or 6 in the cervical area, dentin 2/3s 3 0r 4, inc. still needs some dentin color like 1 or 2 light stokes then Inc. color.
Next, I might try Origins incisals on this material. Controlling the value in the incisal area is the challenge with this material.

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to trying the cubex2 as well, just waiting for FDA or ISO. Cap has great stuff so I'm sure this will be no different.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
No, I used Zirkonzahn but over fired the hell out of it( I'm just playing with the material) and it washed all the color out. They were pretty white when they came out. I quickly fired some insync stain and glaze. I just was chomping at the bit to see the translucency. I'm pretty pleased and look forward

Let us know if you find a technique with the Zirkon Zahn liquids. I am going do testing tomorrow.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
If your using Aquarell liquids, be pared to 2 or 3 times what you would normally use.
When I used on normal Zr, Aquarell was always on the lightside and high value

G

grantoz

Reaction score
Don't over sinter the super trans it actually looks whiter I found this on 3 different brands zz anterior been one of them.fired at correct temp they look great.my clients are requesting it more and more.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Don't over sinter the super trans it actually looks whiter I found this on 3 different brands zz anterior been one of them.fired at correct temp they look great.my clients are requesting it more and more.
Nice info! Thanks for sharing

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
CubeX2 is very translucent. Seriously looks like EMAX

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
ZZ says their stain is acid free. Other than the damage to the oven, how bad is the acid to the material/crown itself?
Still wondering how critical the acid is to actual ability to etch the milled product for the stain to bond to the microstructure . . .
LCM

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
the acid stains only penetrate deeper and result in a more opaque product by many people's admission.

acid has virtually no effect on zirconia, as it is a type of glass and is inert. maybe these new zirconias contain some filler that goes transparent when it crystallizes.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how brittle the Cube is? I've been doing some tests and it seems to fracture easily.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
the acid stains only penetrate deeper and result in a more opaque product by many people's admission.

acid has virtually no effect on zirconia, as it is a type of glass and is inert. maybe these new zirconias contain some filler that goes transparent when it crystallizes.
Zirconia is a metal. The reason acid has virtually ne effect on it is because it is an element.

DAL DT Technologies

DAL DT Technologies

Reaction score
We use the DD liquid for our cubeX, dipping time only 15 seconds. After sintering we use the stains from DD too. Even shades in the C and D range turn out perfect. Make sure you don't take any shortcuts during sintering.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
WOW D shades come out perfect?

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
CAP vs DAL....I like it!

CAP - 45 sec. Dip, 1500 temp
DAL - 15 sec. Dip, 1450 temp
Hmmmm2