Internet Speed + Scan File Size

2bearnest

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a question about the size of the scan data taken from an intraoral scan in the doctor's office. We are thinking of partnering with a Fiberoptic internet provider to increase the speed that we can transmit the data back and forth. They have symmetrical internet (same upload as download). Any info is appreciated!

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
for example case scaned with 3shape trios weights around 30Mb so you could handle it even with dial-up :) No worries.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
We are on a F/O line and it rips we are on verizon FIOS. I can teamviwer in from home on 50mbs cable and connections speed is good. For transferring files it is more then enough, more over kill.

2bearnest

Reaction score
thanks for the responses - my fiber internet partner has speeds of 1Gig down(1000mbps) / 1Gig up(1000mbps). The upload speed is a huge jump from most cable providers (ex. 50 / 4).

Our thoughts are that the file sizes will increase exponentially, and we also want to be able to implement a faster turnaround for the digital workflow.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Must be user error John, LOL! of your PC at home is a slug.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
only big cases :) The macbook is a rocket :)

2bearnest

Reaction score
that really surprises me to hear the small size of the files. I was expecting 500-1000megabyte range. a Blueray is about 4-5Gig right?

Top Bottom