2connect debonding from zirconium

Axis Dental Milling

Axis Dental Milling

Reaction score
Honestly never really used it, once I found the Multilink cement I stuck with it. I like it because it is a dual cure cement.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Just talked to Mike parsons from Canada who said that in usa, only stock abutments are approved yet but the the bases and scan bodies, and ti blanks etc are soon coming may be 3-4 weeks coz now strauman is behind it.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Its instradent in Boston area.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Good luck with that, that base if sold through straumann is not going to be a viable part I bet they price them similar to their VARIOBASE 2 to 3 times normal cad bases. Really bad news on this I was hoping it would be freely distributed from 3rd party sources,

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
That ain't all our friends at Straumann are up to,....a little bird told me that an arsenal of naked machines are being produced for them by a certain company with a funny name to be inserted into their shiny new Straumann style enclosures. This can't possibly be good can it? Oh Crap!!! Banghead

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
same thing happened again

And this happens every time when the dentist is trying the bridge in the mouth and the shear force of tight contacts is able to slough them off.This never happens on nt trading ti bases using the same cement , same protocol and even against tighter prox contacts.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 47
2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

And this happens every time when the dentist is trying the bridge in the mouth and the shear force of tight contacts is able to slough them off.This never happens on nt trading ti bases using the same cement , same protocol and even against tighter prox contacts.
Does this happen with the same doctor only?

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
Does this happen with the same doctor only?

Has happened with two different doctors but no problem with tibase a bonded zir ( cap multifz)crowns.

I have informed cap but seems like nobody has taken the time to think through the problem. I think they are saying , change the cement.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
Unfortunately, we have not tested all cements with the 2Connect inserts. To do so, we would need to go through dozens of products. We do know the parts and cement bond work well with Multilink cement. For people that want to use other materials, unfortunately we can not guarantee success.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score

And this happens every time when the dentist is trying the bridge in the mouth and the shear force of tight contacts is able to slough them off.This never happens on nt trading ti bases using the same cement , same protocol and even against tighter prox contacts.[/QUOT

Looking at the design of this last bridge I wonder if the ridge lap is too heavy into the bone? I have seen when this when a lab uses a soft tissue material that is very resilient and not a lot of durometer they can compress very easily on the model with little stress to the interface. When it gets to the mouth the tissue does not "give" in the same way and the insert is under undue stress because of it.

Some of the new primers out there may help.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Go back to custom abutments.
You have just proven to your dr the reason why.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
There is ZERO wrong with the concept of 2 connect, its not for EVERY case and you have to use sound principals when you choose to use it.

Its absolutely **** on Narrow fixtures but for standard stuff it works AWESOME, I have a bunch of full arch cases with this system with very few issues but I am super anal about how we use them and how we go about our cementation. I use a resin cement and its a bitch to separate :)

Another very important point is that even for a small span bridge you start with a verified model, If you are not making a jig for every case you are going to run into this as well. Only way I don't make a mock and go straight to finish is a SHORT SPAN bridge is presented with an open tray imp with luted resin transfers inside an impregum impression. Anything else gets milled in plastic and a verification jig is sent.

AltreX

AltreX

Reaction score
1. 3M ROCOTEC 2 bar.
2. S-bond Plus.
3. Some warm air from hair dryer.
4.Multilink hybrid abutment.

prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
There is ZERO wrong with the concept of 2 connect, its not for EVERY case and you have to use sound principals when you choose to use it.

Its absolutely **** on Narrow fixtures but for standard stuff it works AWESOME, I have a bunch of full arch cases with this system with very few issues but I am super anal about how we use them and how we go about our cementation. I use a resin cement and its a bitch to separate :)

Another very important point is that even for a small span bridge you start with a verified model, If you are not making a jig for every case you are going to run into this as well. Only way I don't make a mock and go straight to finish is a SHORT SPAN bridge is presented with an open tray imp with luted resin transfers inside an impregum impression. Anything else gets milled in plastic and a verification jig is sent.
Thanks John, your posts very educational with real substance. I really respect that. By the way this bridge was done with trios impression by dentist using scan body in the mouth.

Will u call 3.5 zimmer a narrow fixture for 2 connect.

Last edited:
prestige.dental

prestige.dental

Reaction score
John

Is it true that the two connect design" cone in cone " can compensate for some discripency in implant impression ie not using the verified model by jig

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
That ain't all our friends at Straumann are up to,....a little bird told me that an arsenal of naked machines are being produced for them by a certain company with a funny name to be inserted into their shiny new Straumann style enclosures. This can't possibly be good can it? Oh Crap!!! Banghead

Are you talking about the "Straumann / Amann Girrbach" milling machines that they showed at the IDS?? Neat looking machine, but I was told by the US reps there that they really didnt know if/how those machines would fit into the US market at this time. Too small on capacity, and too high on the price to make it viable for the US. Thats what I heard from Straumann.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
John

Is it true that the two connect design" cone in cone " can compensate for some discripency in implant impression ie not using the verified model by jig

I do not subscribe to this thought, I always make a jig.

Last edited:
JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks John, your posts very educational with real substance. I really respect that. By the way this bridge was done with trios impression by dentist using scan body in the mouth.

Will u call 3.5 zimmer a narrow fixture for 2 connect.

Yes they are horribly over contoured with this fixture