How to Handle Same Day Repairs

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
We run a Removable Dental Lab and we were curious how others handle Same Day Repairs. Our lab has a courier service but we are not sure they are capable of picking up in the morning, taking to our lab, then back to the dental office by office close. (we're checking with them, they might charge add'l)

Do you charge extra for same day repairs? How do you handle them?

Thanks!

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
We have our own drivers, don't know how you can do it without. We require all same days to be called in by 9:30. Our drivers break their route and pick up the case and bring it back to the lab. The driver then goes on the complete their route, kinda sucks be that is how we do it. Once the case is in the lab my tachs have till 12:30 to complete so the driver can return it on their afternoon route. If it is a bigger job and can't be done by then the first driver back from their afternoon route gets to deliver the case. We add an "Priority Delivery" charge of $35.00 or $50.00 depending on the account.

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Sorry I charge around $35.00 or $50.00. I don't want to get into trouble with price fixing.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
No worries whatsoever on the price fixing. But you do charge EXTRA for same day repairs?

rlhhds

rlhhds

Reaction score
Our priority delivery is the extra we charge for same day stuff.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
No same day work here. DDS temporarily fixes, calls and schedules for future repair date. In by 10:30am back anytime after 10:30am next day. All repairs are made by heat cure method sometimes requiring a reline impression and reline to perform.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Some labs charge extra for a same day return. It's almost worth it price your self out of the repair range so they get another lab to do it same day. That only works if the other labs can't compete with you technically and you are busy. Repairs are real easy fast money but they can really screw up your production schedule.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Most relines & repairs scheduled. If scheduled, normally out same day.
If not, no more than two days in lab with no extra fees.

K

karleames

Reaction score
We are a full service laboratory, we have about 20 clients within ten minuets of the lab, for relines and repairs they get priority. No extra charge, cases in by 11 are delivered by 4. In our community everyone knows who we are so service is a must. What's the sense in being a local lab if you cant service your local accounts. Ya I know some days are hectic, but who goes home by 5 anyway!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We do same day relines and simple repairs. In by 10, delivered by 4. If it's a complex repair or needs any metal work, it's the next day. This is part of the service we offer so there is no extra charge.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Since I'm mostly mail service...we rarely see this, besides we only want 'functional' impressions used for our relines so the patient knows they are in it to us for the quality, not McDonalds :p

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
its never changed...quality is the fulcrum and price is on one end and time is on the other. Doc pick your end to push on.

C

CShof

Reaction score
I do exactly the same as Doris A, just a little earlier. I'm a one person lab and like to leave around 9:00 for my morning run. Then all same day repairs get returned around 3:00, no extra charge, its part of my service. The only time I charge extra is if I get a repair on my afternoon run that they want back in the morning and I have to stay late to do it.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
We are a full service laboratory with our own drivers. We do same day repairs and relines. In town clients that have cases in by 10 are delivered back by 4. No extra charge.

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
We do same day relines and simple repairs. In by 10, delivered by 4. If it's a complex repair or needs any metal work, it's the next day. This is part of the service we offer so there is no extra charge.
What it is the cut-off time you require an office to call you for same day repairs, if you get them in by 10am?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
9:00 because all of our accounts are local.

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
We run a Removable Dental Lab and we were curious how others handle Same Day Repairs. Our lab has a courier service but we are not sure they are capable of picking up in the morning, taking to our lab, then back to the dental office by office close. (we're checking with them, they might charge add'l)

Do you charge extra for same day repairs? How do you handle them?

Thanks!

Back when I was a driver for a full service lab ( Many moons ago) there was a $50 charge for same day relines or to add a tooth/teeth. The lab would only offer same day repairs if they called to schedule a pick up before noon.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
We charge a premium for same day repairs/relines. I think its about 25% more than a standard fee. We handle the time on a case by case basis. Often, the patients will drop the case off to us by 11 am. We take down their information, and wither deliver it to the doc, or the patient will pick it up themselves. Most people are quite accommodating with the process.

Top Bottom