Cusil lab that can help me?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Hey, I have a case that I need to make a Cu-sil denture. We're located in Northern Virginia, - any lab willing to help me out?

I know I need to make the full denture, which we will, but I have no idea what the process is to make the cu-sil portion

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
'Cu-sil' is a proprietary process. I would just call it a 'gasket' design slot denture.
There is a product call Flexacryl, that comes with a bonding agent, but I would just
get round bur to create undercut and process it into the denture if I am making it
directly. There is also a Vesacryl product that I heard good things, but not sure
will work for this. Would not use Molloplast for this, just bad experience in the past.
LCM

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
thanks!

so really, all i should do is cut out around the area and process the Vesacryl around the tooth?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
use easysoft....bonds well and finishes nicely...easy to process.

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
Im having good success with Perma-Soft from Dentsply. Easy to mix, bonds well, and in the mouth Im getting a few years out of it.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
interesting. thanks for the info!

so, with either materials, how big of a hole do I create around the tooth? 2mm around tooth? 3?

PCDL

PCDL

Reaction score
you can vary it based on how "stiff" you want the cusil. If the teeth are mobile, you would want a larger hole to reduce the pressure/tension on the tooth. Generally I do around 3mm. Too thin and you will have your cases not holding up due to wear; too much and you start to lose the retention.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
If you use the pemasoft, I would go with a 3mm space and use a 3-1 powder to liquid ratio. Oh and by the way, when you paint on the sealer, do it in a WELL ventilated area...it is really strong!!

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
thanks so much guys. I was getting annoyed that I had to go get Cusil certified...lol (i may still)

again, DLN has helped again!

Will try this out and update this thread! :D

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
'Cu-sil' is a proprietary process. I would just call it a 'gasket' design slot denture.
There is a product call Flexacryl, that comes with a bonding agent, but I would just
get round bur to create undercut and process it into the denture if I am making it
directly. There is also a Vesacryl product that I heard good things, but not sure
will work for this. Would not use Molloplast for this, just bad experience in the past.
LCM
Flexacryl is like a slow rubbery tissue conditioner. Eventually it will harden up...I use it often on elderly patients as a soft reline and it does only last about a year....Nice thing is you can use it chair side on an outpatient call. It is relatively inexpensive. The Easysoft lasts two years much like the Tokoyama sofreliner m. However the Easysoft requires a dip ina warm water bath at 120 degrees f to fully cure. The neat thing about the flexacryl is that it can be used as either a harder reline or a soft reline....but eventually it will harden up.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thanks so much guys. I was getting annoyed that I had to go get Cusil certified...lol (i may still)

again, DLN has helped again!

Will try this out and update this thread! :D
ok what's the update???

just got the call for a cusil style partial. they want a cast frame but cusil style around the canines. what material did you end up using?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Cast frame with cusil? Sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Any pics?

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Cast frame and an elastomeric gasket? What will some people dream up next! This doesn't sound feasible but I'm sure sombody on this forum has done it. I won't do anything that will not last five years because that's how long I will warranty anything I make.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
ok what's the update???

just got the call for a cusil style partial. they want a cast frame but cusil style around the canines. what material did you end up using?

we just left enough space for PMMA and the gasket to work. - wouldn't recommend it, but Doctor signed off on it.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Cast frame with cusil? Sounds like trouble waiting to happen. Any pics?
no pics yet. I'm guessing I'll get it this week since the call came late Friday (I think)

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
ok what's the update???

This case sounds perfect for a Virginia Partial. It is a Lusisoft band that connects from the acrylic on one side of the natural teeth to the other, it doesn't have ANY hard acrylic supporting it on the facial. I can't make them because I live within 50 miles of where it was invented and they have the franchise for them. Google images for it and you will see several of them, most are all acrylic but they can be done with a cast frame as well.

Edit, here is a video I found on google . The partial in the video is all acrylic, but they can also be done on a cast framework. I'm not endorsing the lab that made the video because I don't know anything about them. It's just for info purposes only.

Last edited: