Best stain for emax

NathanNever

NathanNever

Reaction score
hello everyone. I was considering buying a new stain kit for both pfm and emax: gc luster pastes NF or Vita akzent plus. I'm still using emax shade and impulse, what do you advise me, taking into account that the firing of glaze on emax ceram on ls2 is about 725, very low. Thank you! Forgive my English. :)

doug

doug

Reaction score
G C Lustre pastes are very nice. I have heard that Jensen's product is good as well. We use Lustre pastes

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We use Jensen InSync, fires at 760c-stain & 740c-glaze but has never distorted my builds. Works on PFM, LD, Zr. Haven't used Lustre pastes. Didn't like akzent nearly as well but they hit some 3d shades nicely.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
I use empress universal and concept stains.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

NathanNever

NathanNever

Reaction score
Thanks friends! I only saw once luster pastes with the rep, and I did not like so much. Maybe I'm wrong ...

user name

user name

Reaction score
InSync and Authentic.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Emax can easily { at least in my oven} fire at 1525 for a glaze cycle if needed. I see slight distortion at about 1575 and that is my crack healing cycle. Funny thing is, I use to get an occasional crack when glazing at the 1400-1425 range. Since glazing in the 1525 range all has been good. Of course now that I have said that......

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we use FLO on e.max and zirconia.. we fire zirconia on noritake air galze program... turns out very nice... have the e.max stains for ceram, also work out nice, but I've gotten used to working with them

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I have to go with InSync. To me, it handles better than Lustre Pastes...

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
We treat Pre-shaded Zr just like EMAX, add chroma and incisal with EMAX stains and over all glaze with Fluo/Insync mix 50/50. Use pre-shade color 1 shade lower then desired shade. Would like to try Concept stains ;)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i use GC lustre pastes with Jensens insync glaze. great combo.
maybe one day my jensen rep will gift me a stain kit. until then ill continue using up what i have of my gc kit :D

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
P M me if you would like buy some lustre paste at 1/2 retail. I have a barely used kit. Just didnt like it much....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Just for the fun of it, has anyone tried emax stains on emax?

Speaking of Emax, Patrick, when will Ivoclar start selling individual emax shade tabs for their guides?
Why the he(double hockey sticks) should I have to buy the whole guide when a tab breaks or gets lost?

Please think of my starving kids who will go without tonite!

Toast

Toast

Reaction score

Speaking of Emax, Patrick, when will Ivoclar start selling individual emax shade tabs for their guides?
Why the he(double hockey sticks) should I have to buy the whole guide when a tab breaks or gets lost?

Some of my emax guides were purchased before all of the shades were released. I'd like to be able to trade it in for one that's complete. I have hungry kids too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I bought the cheap plastic version before they came out with the metal tabs. I can't even interchange between the two if I lose one.

I wonder if Targis Vectris guy is now in charge of shade guide development.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Because the have a whole warehouse full of shade guides.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Take your pick, Empress Emax Artistains. I use them all, interchanging, no issues at all. I only use the Universal medium from Artistain kit for all three.
Then I spray glaze with an airbrush . Spray them holding the die, nothing gets inside.
image.jpg image.jpg

designasmile

designasmile

Reaction score
The Insync stains and glaze and Empress stains work well. I'm also hearing very good comments about the polychromatic frit
stain and glaze system developed by Jim Emmons - The Life Essence Polychromatic Frit Shading System which can be used
on all porcelain systems. Watch the video at
Watch a second video demonstrating the shading for 3D shades at

Indenco Dental Products also sells the Jim Emmons Spectrafire Polychromatic Frit Shading System at http://www.indenco.com/
with more information and a video at http://www.indenco.com/products/polychromatic-shading-system/

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
Concept Stains look good