Wax up of the week

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
This is the first picture of your work ,that I can recall, you have ever posted on DLN.If you have,then sorry but They have been so far and few that I don't remember.
Very nice case.

Too bad it took a challenge from a robot to get you to share with others.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
It's the very first time in many attempts to post that it actually worked. I don't know why this time and not the others.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
It's the very first time in many attempts to post that it actually worked. I don't know why this time and not the others.
Were you using the monomer in a well ventilated area today??:D

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
Acrylic, subsurface colorants, tooth mods.

Attachments

• GCNSHIHDGOC.jpg
    GCNSHIHDGOC.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 172
M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
What brand of set-up wax do some of you prefer and what colors are being used for effects. Right now I am using candulor 53,55,57 but if there is something someone likes better I would like to know. Thanks

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
What brand of set-up wax do some of you prefer and what colors are being used for effects. Right now I am using candulor 53,55,57 but if there is something someone likes better I would like to know. Thanks

Haven't used it myself, but Hi tec supply tinted wax, getting lots of positive feedback.
(couldn't see it listed on site - suggest calling.) http://www.hi-tecdental.com/index.php

G

guilbd1270

Reaction score
Jeff.

AJ has been at the bench longer than you have been alive, while he may not post a bunch of pics he is a seasoned and profesional tech with tons of knowledge that WILL help you become a better tech

We all share constructive criticism on this site from time to time. Your skin has to be a little thick to take the information shared here and apply it. Please continue to post and know we all share here so that we may become better at what we do. Remember we are never masters but all of us have the ability to learn from each other perspectives IF we have an open mind.
Aj is the best dental lab tech of all times so I agree with everything he said.. My respet to the guy!!!

J

jrizpeace

Reaction score
What tools is everybody using to wax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
Would love to see a video of you waxing those beauties up.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
Would love to see a video of you waxing those beauties up.

Maybe someday...Time is limited right now.
I will be moving my lab out of my home into another lab of (Fixed prosthesis)
renting space. Going to be very busy the next few months.
The best advice I can tell you is to look at photos of natural dentition and use skills to copy it in wax.
You must have a vision ( photographic memory) in your mind of what the final result needs to look like.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Hey danny, contemplating an ivobase, what are the advantages worth buying one over already using an ivocap? BTW the injector I bought is still going strong!

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
No water (steam bath or cooling bath),no air lines needed, and do not have to be present to set timers
or remove them when done processing. A programmed unit, insert flask, push start and walk away.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
No water (steam bath or cooling bath),no air lines needed, and do not have to be present to set timers
or remove them when done processing. A programmed unit, insert flask, push start and walk away.
If you have a case that is going to need more than one tube of acrylic, are you able to change the tube like you can when the Ivocap red lines? I'm considering getting an Ivobase as well.

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
If you have a case that is going to need more than one tube of acrylic, are you able to change the tube like you can when the Ivocap red lines? I'm considering getting an Ivobase as well.

Doris,
You can change them, here is my technique. Mix two tubes (fresh),then add some material before I close the flask halves.
Then inject using the full tube. No issues at all. Another trick is also to place half of a paper towel
under the red plunger to allow it to push the acrylic farther up before it would abort. There is a few
learning curves, but still much less hassle than the old Ivocap IMO.

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
I would also love to see some screen shots of designs from those breaking into digital dentures