Milling Burs

user name

user name

Reaction score
Questions...

On the Jensen CNC software it shows a bar graph of bur life. Is that actually from measuring the burs or some other way of tracking use?

Is it safe/wise to just reset and continue to run them until margins chip, or what would happen?

Is there a better option than their burs? Dedeco nano Goldies? Others?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
That is hours of use, 5 as is set. You probably do more than that just watch chipping!.

I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
Yes! Talk to Mike @ www.zro2.net great tools!
And yes! you can reset it. Mainly depends on the zirconia manufacture. Some ZR is softer than others i guess....
Test the first set on time not units and log it!Beer

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
isi tools are all I use now. Awesome tool life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wait until I start seeing chipping.. the sagemax burs are rated for like 1000 units I think? so at that rate it will be awhile before I replace it.. Unless it breaks!

P

PJR

Reaction score
I don't think you can use diamond coated burs in the vhf mill.

Joachim

Joachim

Reaction score
If You have 5axis milling machine from VHF for exapmple 5-S1 you can use diamond tools. I use tools from ISI by 30 hours and quality of milling is still perfect. Before i use VHF's burs and could use only 9hours - after that Zircon was chipping. It's very high quality burs for a great price :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Why wouldnt you be able to use diamond coated burs? Dumb question maybe.. but does it not have a strategy or something? Whats the difference? I use diamond coated burs that arent 'stock' burs for my mill..

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
Why wouldnt you be able to use diamond coated burs? Dumb question maybe.. but does it not have a strategy or something? Whats the difference? I use diamond coated burs that arent 'stock' burs for my mill..
yes you can you have a micro switch in your ag but vhf useses on the 4 ax conductive by way of a small part in the spindel if this fail you have trooble spindel change but saves 100 dollar production cost for vhf. diamond in not conductive . Its only a timecounter 5 or ten hours reset and look after what time you get chipping most fz brands chip a bit sooner than the other with more aluoxide

Last edited:
Top Bottom