2 eMax questions

M

macminn

Reaction score
We're having a problem every once in a while with pressings coming out very opaque and chalky looking. I'm guessing it's a temp issue. We're using a zubler vario press. Doesn't happen all the time.

Another question is occasionally we get a white spot where the sprue attaches.

Thanks in advance

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Temp is a good start point. Just a few degrees will change the translucency a noticeable amount. Couldn't guess whether it's the burnout temp or the press temp. Check your sprue size, angle and crown/ ring position for the white spots.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Please post some hi resolution pictures when you have a moment. This will help point out some of the issues you may be having, could also be sprue placement.

M

macminn

Reaction score
Here are some pics. The bubble is an anomaly. I haven't seen that before, so am less concerned about that. The pressings are very chalky white. This happens from time to time, can't figure out why. We've had it happen on conventional burnout cycles and quick burnout cycles. We're using Triumph investment.

Attachments

• IMG_2245.JPG
    IMG_2245.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_2246.JPG
    IMG_2246.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_2249.JPG
    IMG_2249.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 110
M

macminn

Reaction score
Here are some pics. The bubble is an anomaly. I haven't seen that before, so am less concerned about that. The pressings are very chalky white. This happens from time to time, can't figure out why. We've had it happen on conventional burnout cycles and quick burnout cycles. We're using Triumph investment.

We're going to give Microstar a try. Great support from Chris at Zubler! Thank you!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
thats def temp
whether it be burnout temp or press temp i cant be certain but i would lean toward press temp being too hot. far too hot.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
We're going to give Microstar a try. Great support from Chris at Zubler! Thank you!
get ahold of Zubler, there looks to be something off with the pressing parameters. im sure they will get it dialed in for you

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Our ceramists thinks it was too hot also, however we are unsure of the thermal characteristics of this Triumph investment and would like him to try some known material. He has some Microstar in stock. Since we are familiar with this investment, I asked him to use this investment as I suspect it has a higher thermal mass than this Triumph investment. Although the temperature settings could be adjusted, doing so would suggest the problem was in one place when it may actually be in another. If he has the same results with the Microstar investment, then know we must look more closely at the ovens (Burnout or Pressing).

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Our ceramists thinks it was too hot also, however we are unsure of the thermal characteristics of this Triumph investment and would like him to try some known material. He has some Microstar in stock. Since we are familiar with this investment, I asked him to use this investment as I suspect it has a higher thermal mass than this Triumph investment. Although the temperature settings could be adjusted, doing so would suggest the problem was in one place when it may actually be in another. If he has the same results with the Microstar investment, then know we must look more closely at the ovens (Burnout or Pressing).
okay chris, keep us posted.
ive used triumph before, its not my fav investment but i never had anything like this happen. i would still lean heavily toward pressing parameters being off. that LD is overfired.

M

macminn

Reaction score
Pressed 2 rings yesterday using Microstar, came out better than we've seen for a very long time. Anyone want to buy some Triumph investment?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Pressed 2 rings yesterday using Microstar, came out better than we've seen for a very long time. Anyone want to buy some Triumph investment?
well thats excellent news!
post some pics!

Top Bottom