• bio quarto=strauman BL
  • bio conus12= astratech osseospeed

MIS
  • internal=zimmer tsv
  • (there are more)
BioHorizon
  • internal hex= zimmer tsv
  • (there are more)

i'm pretty sure on these... trying to expand my already bloated excel sheet... please add to it, or correct me if i'm wrong! i'll go in and keep editing this post with updates... and "like" your post when I've edited it

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
me too.. but i'm working on my sheet for milling custom abutments with the scan bodys I currently have... not trying to identify what I already know

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
You can also use it to identify compatible implants or components.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
I just looked up zimmer sv 4.5 and it listed 39 compatible implants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
ok, not sure how you are doing that... what are you putting in the fields??

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Just fill in the top field for manufacturers then from there find your implant then it will list all compatible

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
excellent, have you found it to be accurate?

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Yes but I have found a couple that are not on there

pjd cdt

pjd cdt

Reaction score
Implant direct 3.0 is not in there

Boksa

Boksa

Reaction score
Not sure about this procedures of Implants.

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
If it is not patent approved it is NOT compatible. Studies have shown this. No one just gives patents away for another company to profit from. Fugazzy

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
If it is not patent approved it is NOT compatible. Studies have shown this. No one just gives patents away for another company to profit from. Fugazzy

there are all kinds of implant systems that are cross compatible..
simply because second rate companies copy other components... doesn't mean I should stick with components from that company. a Nobel custom abutment will be just as accurate on an implant direct platform as an implant direct abutment on an implant direct platform. they are both copied components= think about it.

and... i'm not the retard that placed a second rate component in a patients mouth to save $30.00 on the $3+k i'm charging the patient.
BUT, when I can manufacture a better component (patient specific, custom abutment, whatever the hell you want to call it today,) I am going to. and that simply means=

• what was the original "copy component"
  • and can I get as far back to the original component on a custom abutment.
and, I can have a better component manufactured cheaper than I can buy a stock abutment. That's a fact, but our pricing is the best I've seen, as we are part of a buying group.

Everyone's Lab is going to have their different challenges, and the resources to do some things better that others... some things we do extremely well... efficient with a high quality end product... while other things need improvement. that is a simple fact. BUT, it's all about what we can do better for the patient... and I keep that in mind, always trying to rectify a fked up situation... but that's what "we are about" are we not?

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Osteoready is zimmer and nobel compatable

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4206669/#!po=45.6250 Also, I did not in any way imply that you are retarded. There are a lot of systems that claim they are compatible and I just want techs to really question and look into what they are actually getting. It's for our own benefit that we find out the repercussions now for example MBL, leakage and so on. I don't want to be watching tv one day and see a commercial stating 'Have you had a dental implant that failed? You may be entitled to compensation.' Even in the article it states that labs often use compatible components to keep costs down. Do your thing Priddy boy I'm not judging you.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
within cross compatibility, we are talking about implant systems that are copies of other systems.
i'm also talking about putting "better" components in place rather than use the copied components, or stock copied components.

the article you posted has absolutely nothing to do with my previous post... or, better yet, your posts really don't have anything to do with this thread. maybe you could re-read it a few times, but that's just a suggestion, and maybe the simplest solution? or do I need to expand on this further.

I intended to open this thread as a resource for people to try and find answers (including myself) about implant systems that are rare, hard to find, no longer being produced, copied etc... but that isn't working out so well

Last edited:
Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
Implant direct 3.0 is not in there
maybe a nobel active 3.0 copy? i'll call them this week
Bio Horizons has a 3.0 as well (tapered internal)... but I can't imagine Implant direct copying a bio