Restorations Du Jour

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
edit. decided not to share. iphone pics too ugly

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Phill Reddington and Lee Mullins are coming over from the UK.

They do a ton of these type of implant cases an now are doing them using PEEK for the frames and putting individual emax crowns on top. They've been showing these for almost 2 years now, doing them regularly.
Its been approved in Europe and I think approval is coming here for screw retained hybrids.
My wifes on the computer booking my flight now. Got a room near the university.
I think it is at a Dental School ??
$ 750 is what I paid for the course.
I think 35 are registered so far.

Looking forward to it esp want to know about PEEK , I think I may want to get in on it.
I don't want to do full arch in Zir, too technique sensitive for me and risky, and PFM screw retained splints uggg I still have night sweats thinking about them.

View attachment 17402 View attachment 17403

I'm signed up! I've been looking forward to this material coming State-side for a long time now so it should be a great seminar. Are there any plans to meet up on Thursday? I'm in at 5:00 PM but noticed the recommended hotel didn't have a bar.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Rick I arrive at SL airport at 510 I think Rob (LabGuy) gets in at the same time.
We can share a ride if you want ?

R

Rick Sonntag

Reaction score
Rick I arrive at SL airport at 510 I think Rob (LabGuy) gets in at the same time.
We can share a ride if you want ?

Sounds good to me, I just checked my schedule and I'm in at 4:52 on United UA355 from Houston.

Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Ok I'm 1228 American Airlines from Dallas. 5:10.
Ill pm you my #

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I don't get in till 7:30 pm fellas, save me a cold one , :)

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Here are the rest of the photos that go with the case I posted the other day.

01 Verification Jig.jpg

Verification jig

02 Wax to Provisional.jpg

Diagnostic waxup, impression of waxup, provisional

03 Provisional Close up.jpg

Seated provisional

04 Provisional.jpg

Seated provisional

05 Provisional to Final Wax.jpg

Impression of the provisional to duplicate the design into wax for the final crowns

06 Contacts.jpg

Pressed emax multi crowns after seating and adjusting contacts. 6 - 11 facial cutback

07 Loading Dies.jpg

Pinned duplicate model so I can have individual dies. The doctor will also use these to pre-load cement into the crowns.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Way cool!! Thanks so much for sharing
Do you mill the v jig with clear pmma?
And what's going on with the tilted modelwork on the wax up eh?

I'm really wishing I'd gone to the DTG course last weekend to learn some of this type of work.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Way cool!! Thanks so much for sharing
Do you mill the v jig with clear pmma?
And what's going on with the tilted modelwork on the wax up eh?

I'm really wishing I'd gone to the DTG course last weekend to learn some of this type of work.

Thanks for the kind words!

Nope, not milled. Unless you consider drilling the holes with a handpiece milling.

As for why it's tilted; that's where the facebow record says it should be. She has some interesting skeletal issues.

We would have liked to have gone to that course as well. Amazing people in that group.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Awesome presentation

If I was a dentist I would send you all my work.

J

James Kivimaki

Reaction score
Beautiful work! my only question is hygiene? how will the pt clean under the flanges? I have done 7 or 8 of these now and I hate doing them on the upper because of the hygiene. What I now do is make the pink portion like a bullet pontic to the tissue. It seems to look good and at least they can get something under there and clean.

J

James Kivimaki

Reaction score
great photos also!! I wish I could take photos like that. My camera skills are very poor but Im working on them.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Beautiful work! my only question is hygiene? how will the pt clean under the flanges? I have done 7 or 8 of these now and I hate doing them on the upper because of the hygiene. What I now do is make the pink portion like a bullet pontic to the tissue. It seems to look good and at least they can get something under there and clean.

Thanks! We were concerned about that as well but the doc insisted we make it like this. He says the patient should be able to keep it clean with a Waterpik.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Truly a great series of pics, quality, lighting and comprehensiveness,,,,, A "Hall Of Famer" for Sure! Got my vote!

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
This super work actittle

One question: A verification jig !!
Verification of what?
is it to to try in the mouth , to make sure that the impression is right?

A

Average Joe

Reaction score
Riley most companies clinical divisions are huge compared to the lab side probably 80 to 90% clinical then the small lab side . don't know about Noratake or Kuralay ?

Thank goodness they aren't good at making crowns just the materials but with densply having a huge lab and now Ivoclar with their big milling center our toes are getting stepped on.
I think having a milling center for a private lab is tough now???? Competing with milti million dollar companies making frames ??

Al ,
You said that Ivoclar has a , "Big Milling Center? " Are they marketing directly to the Doctors now or just to do lab work we could send in ?
That sucks if they have become direct competition to us now.
Thanks