3shape bugs / work around questions

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Hi guys as we have been doing a tremendous amount of larger cases we have been plagued with certain aspects of 3shapes software. While I believe I have a pretty good understanding of the designing aspect we have some nagging issues that I want to make sure there is not a work around.

using veresion 2.9.9.5

1st problem

When doing a full arch screw retained case "with gingiva" if and when the mock comes back and we "rescan" the bite on the original order we loose all the ginigival splines/morphing clicks. Nothing is more time consuming to redo this aspect of a design.

2nd problem

When scanning in a FMR "both arches" and you have diagnostic wax ups to merge into as a preprep scan its impossible to turn off the purple slider for "BOTH arches" simultaneously. Has anyone found a work around for this?

3rd problem

Very often when doing a cad screw retained crown on a case set up using a library and you want to use the cut to contact feature it will not do it and you must hand morph the case for contacts, there is not logic to me on this bug its been random for many of the last versions. I can scan the same case 2 different times the exact same way and one will work one will not.

4th problem

Odd proposals for large bridges, we use to see custom design libraries not laying in nicely in arch form but now the default included libraries will give us wonky proposals of disproportionate contra laterals way out of arch form proposals. Having to go back and get them to mimic each side the same is a waste of time and we had not had this issue as often as we are having recently.

These are the four biggest nagging headaches we deal with any suggestions?

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
fraunhofer institute, the MIT of Germany, that's where Exocad is coming from.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
As far as I know the enforce minimal thickness does not work either. Maybe it does now, but I gave up on it a few months ago.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
I haven't done any of the full arch designs since we upgraded, so can't comment. The contact issue on implant crowns is as you stated. I have one other issue - why did they eliminate the show points button in margin marking? I kinda liked honing in the initial margin proposal with the points. Any ideas on how to get that back?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I think you still can get the points, I'll post back if I get a chance to design a few before the party.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I thought I would be invited,,,,:(,,,,,,:mad:

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Plenty of Pizza coming Troy

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Only if they're gourmet pizza though, I know you're a classy guy.:D Enjoy,,,,, best wishes and a Big ThankYou for all your assistance this past year.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Nothing but the best for my guys

Attachments

• imgres.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 22
dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
LOL.....John, a little bit late in reply,,,was at a drs appt. Hope your guys had a great frozen pizza party....:D

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
LOL.....John, a little bit late in reply,,,was at a drs appt. Hope your guys had a great frozen pizza party....:D
Hopefully, he at the least brought in a microwave oven that hasn't been used for acrylic.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
What your supposed to cook the stuff? My techs will eat anything

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Q #1 I don't do gingival cases a lot so I don't know. You can always export the previous file before rescanning the bite so you don't loose the gingival spline, that way you can always re-import it. I do this with all my big cases whenever I need to change the bite or modify the order.

Q #2 No only the working arch will lose the pre op scan the lower will not, I HATE THIS ALSO. It might have been fixed in 2015 just started playing with it on wed So not that many cases have ran through it. mainly single unit cases. Hopefully it was fixed I will try a cases and see what comes of it.

Q #3 Don't know why it only works sometimes but it happens to me as well. Haven't done one in 3shape 2015 but I can tell you that inlays/onlays you can now cut the contacts, woot woot.

Q #4 Have you gone into the control panel and in the smilelibraries adjust the design of the arch layout? When I setup my custom library I went in and did this and it seem to help out.

Hope some of this helps but you might already know this.

Sevan

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Update on Q #2 Yes Now in 2015 you have two prepreperation sliders that allow you to bring in and out upper and lower prepreperation scans at any given time. Finally!!!

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I just reviewed the update page and it looks to have some tasty new improvments. Changing the order on the fly with out loosing clicks seems like it will solve some real big issues. I am looking forward to playing with it!