e.max , one bake and glaze

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
The cutback of the coping is always made evenly without any sharp edges. It´s about 1,5-2mm ceramic space and the end result is quite nice. Is the cutback too big? I like to play with the ceramic especially in the front region.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
The cutback of the coping is always made evenly without any sharp edges. It´s about 1,5-2mm ceramic space and the end result is quite nice. Is the cutback too big? I like to play with the ceramic especially in the front region.

I think that 1,5-2mm is too much . At least for me . I rarely go over 1 mm .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
you know i am having some trouble with the ceramists. they don't want me giving cusps and such on my copings. they want the copings to have less detail. now, i know if i bring them down any more they will have unsupported porcelain and uneven layers. but i give them the mathematically correct coping and they just trim and smooth out.

i think they havent figured out how to use their "runny" opaquer, and may be trying to make the coping smoother to compensate for their bad opaquing technique.

in so doing they get sharp edges on cusps and bring it to me to "make them rounder"

just use the flame tool a bit more

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
Where are the comments of those big labs and milling centers on this thread who's size and unit count matters?!!!

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
There are so many technique to fabricate a proper dynamic infrastructures, those techniques are in particular related to the material of choice, the missing tooth/teeth structures (single or bridge, onlays or crowns etc.) and the location of the restoration.

The key elements for designing all ceramic singles (specially e-max anteriors) infrastructure is the contact points, and the centric relation active points with the opposite and their lateral movements,

If you can establish a good final interproximal contact points and a good central relation dynamic points on the substructure itself, and leave the ceramic layering only for the labial and incisel, then you got the points, and of course you should keep the maximum support for your layering and a smooth transition between different surfaces.
If you do that you will need minimal time and minimal bakes and efforts to produce high quality restorations with best function and best aesthetics results.

If you try this way you will use to it very soon, and you will then belong to the pro club( if you are not already there),so warm welcome in advance.

best wishes.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone , single central case , zirconia crown layered with e.max ceram . Not one bake on this one . Not perfect but I can say I am happy with the result , as I didn't have the patient in the lab to finish it .

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Very nice match/blend.
Patient should feel that they received an early Christmas present!;)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Very nice match/blend.
Patient should feel that they received an early Christmas present!;)
Thanks !! This is a 9 months old case , patient came 10 days ago , so it was an early Xmas present for me !!

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Looks great drizzt. What powders did you layer with? I sometimes struggle with eMax enamel/trans powders - some of them are too translucent imo.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Looks great drizzt. What powders did you layer with? I sometimes struggle with eMax enamel/trans powders - some of them are too translucent imo.

Thanks desertfox384!

I used Dentin A1 , OE1 at the insical , a mix of mamelon salmon+OE1 for the mesial insical area , some pure salmon at some spots , and some OE3 at the distal area . Build up was not that complex , but I missed the cracks and some dentin height . I didn't have e patient in the lab to finish the crown as she was pregnant at the time we were making it so it wasn't easy for her to come and stay 1-2 hours in the lab . At least value is correct , shape is ok , which was also a struggle because she has butterfly centrals and they are always challenging .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone , this is a zirconia lateral , layered with e.max ceram , not one bake . Came out nice , I had great communication with the doc on this case , all I needed , communication is the key !

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Looks great Drizzet. What powders did you use?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Baobabtree ,

I am not sure because I made it durring christmas madness , but I think I used Dentine A2 , OE1 at the mesial edge , some OE3 at the middle , and Mamelon salmon , although it is not visible from that angle , not my photos . It was a really simple build up . Sometimes , less is more !

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Thanks Baobabtree ,

I am not sure because I made it durring christmas madness , but I think I used Dentine A2 , OE1 at the mesial edge , some OE3 at the middle , and Mamelon salmon , although it is not visible from that angle , not my photos . It was a really simple build up . Sometimes , less is more !
It is good that your docs at least take pics and send you a copy. I have been encouraging mine to do that for several years, if they did I'm sure I could learn so much from the pics. Thanks for sharing. I will keep encouraging them:)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
It is good that your docs at least take pics and send you a copy. I have been encouraging mine to do that for several years, if they did I'm sure I could learn so much from the pics. Thanks for sharing. I will keep encouraging them:)

Unfortunately , not many of them do that . Only 2-3 . For most cases , I am able to shoot my own pics , as I see the patients for custom shade matching . But I have too few ''after'' pics ... :-(

C

charles007

Reaction score
Drizzt and others, on difficult anterior cases like these, which material are you getting better shades-results with, zirconia or emax ?
Is it all about knowing how to use your particular porcelain ?
Do you have a favorite if your working with a doctor that lets you choose between zirconia and emax ?
Lets start out by saying you rarely get a stump shade.