Failed Zirc Interface, again.

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
(Nobel 3.5 Int Tri Channel.)
Narrow Platform, shocker.

I just wanted to post this cause I've never seen em break the way this one did.
I don't think were going to stop offering Zirc interfaces in the near future.

15819323558_1d3288d7c6_c.jpg

16004755801_3dc8043e69_c.jpg

16006029292_51c2920be7_c.jpg

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
it doesent look like a big dysfunctional disease no shiny surface on the ceramic a little bit on the mesial edge strip. maybe he opens his beer this way never seen before thanks for sharing.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Was this a TRUE nobel NP Replace Select fixture? You said Tri channel si I assume.

It looks like a hybrid abutment to me, did he send the base?

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
Was this a TRUE nobel NP Replace Select fixture? You said Tri channel si I assume.

It looks like a hybrid abutment to me, did he send the base?
No this was a full Zirc that Atlantis built.

esamuelr

esamuelr

Reaction score
Does your clinician use a proper torque wrench or do you provide current suggested torque settings when sending out implants? Did he have any issues removing the screw after the failure? Did he send along abutment seating r-graphs to verify that the abutment had been seated completely?

A lot can go wrong clinically that a less brittle material like Ti can mask for many years before a failure. Lots of insight can be found on oral surgery and implants dentalXP.com.

I like the videos.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I use Atlantis for all of my Nobel Replace abutments. I have yet to have this happen over the last five years. I have heard from other people that this can be a problem with all Zirconia abutments, I just haven't encountered it with Atlantis. Now I am going to find some wood to knock on. :)

Tom Moore

Tom Moore

Reaction score
Do you have a shot at a greater distance? The design looks like the designer had little idea of the parameters of the material and the shape doesn't and emergence profile doesn't look like its very well executed.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I did not know Atlantis milled the trilobe in ZI. This is just stupid, Nobel even uses a metal base for THEIR fixture if it was safe to mill in ZI it would be a ton cheaper. Do they use a special screw or the same screw nobel uses?

All zirconia abutments with no metal interface in my opinion will ALWAYS be an issue. We refuse to do the NP CC in ZI.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
No this was a full Zirc that Atlantis built.
i am sorry marcus forgive me but it really doesnt look like that. looks like porcelain to zirconia given the crown has shears in two different directions, and separate from the highly opacious (rightly) HS zirc abutment.

i never took you to be the kind of guy that did full zirconia anteriors anyway.

unless you are referring to the abutment being full zirconia (i.e. sans TI base)

in which case i echo the sentiment John gave.

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Marcusthegladiator CDT

Reaction score
i am sorry marcus forgive me but it really doesnt look like that. looks like porcelain to zirconia given the crown has shears in two different directions, and separate from the highly opacious (rightly) HS zirc abutment.

i never took you to be the kind of guy that did full zirconia anteriors anyway.

unless you are referring to the abutment being full zirconia (i.e. sans TI base)

in which case i echo the sentiment John gave.
Yes, PFZ over full Zirc abutment.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
we just received an Anklos back... full zir abutment.... don't smile when the wind blows
one of those things... just because you can, doesn't mean you should

annsman

annsman

Reaction score
I've had em' break too......on a side note, the tourg value is way lower than a Ti abutment. 35 ncm vs 15. If the Doc is cranking the up to 35 they will break.