How Much the Doc Charges

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We're seeing similar professional management companies buying up retiring practices.
These groups are delaying if not avoiding payment to the labs.

I had one snot nosed manager tell me to f off because I asked for a late payment.

G

Glassman

Reaction score
When it comes to Canada, dentistry/ labs and the whole procedure are more advance unfortunately than the U.S

Depends on which side of the border you are on
We're seeing similar professional management companies buying up retiring practices.

I had one snot nosed manager tell me to f off because I asked for a late payment.
Did you visit them with a hockey stick?

Baobabtree

Baobabtree

Reaction score
Did they make the payment? Our clients get 30 days but we still get those who take the piss and say they only pay after 60 days. One has just paid his statement from July yeaterday. fortunately the vast majority are pretty good.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Define 'advanced dentistry' .. would that be the guy that glued someone elses dead tooth in a woman? Higher fees have nothing at all to do with level of quality care.

Adi

Adi

Reaction score
Forget what the average fee for a crown is. It doesn't make any sense to measure to an arbitrary number.

This is what causes the race to the bottom. Each year the average drops because everyone wants to come in slightly under it.

In my area drs would estimate lab fees at 60% of their fee ( for insurance).

That means if they charge $600 for a crown then the lab fee should be under or around $360.

I've said it many times on here that lab fees should always be separate from the drs fees as it is here in Canada.

That is your solution to the problem.

"" lab fees should always be separate from the drs fees ""
You mean labs don't get their fees from the dentists ?
whom do they charge ?

Sent from my K00Z using Tapatalk

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"" lab fees should always be separate from the drs fees ""
You mean labs don't get their fees from the dentists ?
whom do they charge ?

Sent from my K00Z using Tapatalk

The lab fee is a separate amount paid by the patient to the dentist.

The dentist then pays the lab that amount. This is designed to prevent a conflict of interest.

The patient thus benefits from any discounts or rebates ,not the dentist.

In fact the patient ( without insurance) could choose to pay the lab directly however that rarely happens.

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
It's true.

We've even had our Thanksgiving already.

Try to keep up eh?

well, that's where you have it wrong.... we had our Thanks Giving almost a year ago.... u guys are 364 days late for the party!

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score

The new generation of practice managers are grinding techs down, and cant last forever. I now just get agencies to collect with penalties, or go for court judgements. Stopped pu55y-footing around and being downtrodden.

DentureDude

DentureDude

trained monkey
Reaction score
i charge enough so they understand were not a cheap lab. =)

A

Acrylic Innovation

Reaction score
yea, we do seem to have our problems... can't dispute that one!

Doug4DAL

Doug4DAL

Reaction score
The lab bill to insurance is separate from the dentist's bill.
Sweet . Do you then sell to the insurance companies ? Say have your lab being the preferred lab of choice for the dentist ?
If so , huge opportunities there .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
nothing changes they make heaps we get screwed im so shocked.

RockyMark

RockyMark

Reaction score
It depends upon different doctors as to how much they charge. The charges also vary from different region. The doctors are charging depending on the qualification and qualities they have. Also while doing the dental work the amount of work and related material needed is also considered. http://www.daltechsystems.com/

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sweet . Do you then sell to the insurance companies ? Say have your lab being the preferred lab of choice for the dentist ?
If so , huge opportunities there .

no

Top Bottom