Exocad temps

M

macminn

Reaction score
I would like to do some pmma temps on a case 7 through 10. I don't do enough of these yet to warrant buying the temp module. Do I need to pin and cut out the dies to be able to scan and mark the margins, etc?

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
No, not with the temp module ... just scan and mark and the software preps based on your info. The biggest part is ensuring that you have set your thickness and insertion correctly. They are easy breezy. Also remember to look at the tissue, and leave some interproximal room. Without the module you'll need to prep the model, but won't need to section necessarily.

M

macminn

Reaction score
I don't get how I can scan the model without pinning though. The scanner can't scan between the teeth good enough can it?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Unless you have the 'provisional module' the way you're doing it (pinning the model) is the only way to do it.

M

macminn

Reaction score
How much prep do you do on these type of shell temps? Do you go to the tissue level or below?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
How much prep do you do on these type of shell temps? Do you go to the tissue level or below?

That's a Doctor question...ask them what they think on that particular case. Each case is different is why I suggested that.

Andrew Priddy

Andrew Priddy

Donator
Reaction score
I've had to do them like that in the past... section out the model, prep the model (teeth) conservatively. if you are conservative, it will create more space in the prep for the DR... prep the margin right at tissue level, and they will be a little short when the Dr seats the temps. haven't had any complaints

Top Bottom