New Sirona Mill

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the size is of the smallest bur in the new Sirona mill for anatomy on emax?

Also, how does their mill go from wet-to-dry as fast as they say it does? I would think the Zr dust would stick to any moisture in the chamber????

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
On some materials (pmma for sure) they are doing the gross work dry and fine work wet. I am unsure of the profiles or sizes of the grinding tools. I wonder how the proteus is going to stack up against this mill.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
they use a special smoke and mirror setup so you cant really see the grime collecting. It's actually kind of like the emperors new clothes where the buyer is the emperor.......and so is the sirona/Patterson rep.
I think
Nice bur size though. No way that can be true. That would make it a dinosaur mill right from the start, no?

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Right! The small bur in the wieland is .5mm for emax from what i hear.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Call me blind or closed minded, I can't see giving Sirona or GW a dime of my money for anything ......
Hell, there on my hit list of trouble makers...
Anyone who says GW has done so much for this industry is totally blind to where the lab business is going because of GW & Sirona.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Call me blind or closed minded, I can't see giving Sirona or GW a dime of my money for anything ......
Hell, there on my hit list of trouble makers...
Anyone who says GW has done so much for this industry is totally blind to where the lab business is going because of GW & Sirona.
I agree Charles. I have had conversations here recently with someone defending GW as an innovator for our industry and someone good to partner with. Yes as an innovator. No as someone to partner with. My customers trust me. If they are asking for something I do not want to sell, I can convert them generally to some other product that isn't from a business competing with mine.

GW will take your customers as soon as they ask for a pricelist and will NOT CARE if you are selling his Bruxzir for him.

As far a Sirona, where does one start....

C

charles007

Reaction score
Ron, I agree with your statement.
If I were a lot younger I would be the first to go out and team up with as many cerec doctors as possible since it takes a lot to make it worth the cost to go to the dark side. There is business on the Cerec side of our industry, and this end will continue to grow.
When I was younger I was the lab that got the hard cases and at times it was hard to find a lot of single units..(bread & butter cases sometimes went to other labs.) Being a one man show now, I have no energy to work with Cerec docs to only do the difficult cases & mostly bridges.
Go for it guys, or you know who will get them lol

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
I most of missed something Hmmmm2
Sorry, had phone issues. No, have not seen it in action. I'm having a friend who is using this grind a couple units out. Will post what he send me back.