Ivoclar revolution in 26 days?

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the kit yet because I just don't see the return being that significant. I love e.max but I'm happy with the results I'm able to achieve with the existing ingots and looking forward to the MT ingots. Is this a product/technique that is better suited for a production type lab? The spruing process seems tedious and there's little to no room for error. As far as veneer's go I've been told that the gradient effect is not very noticeable at minimal thickness. Am I missing some huge advantage this material is going to give me? I'm not opposed to buying it, I just don't want to buy into hype.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I haven't pulled the trigger on buying the kit yet because I just don't see the return being that significant. I love e.max but I'm happy with the results I'm able to achieve with the existing ingots and looking forward to the MT ingots. Is this a product/technique that is better suited for a production type lab? The spruing process seems tedious and there's little to no room for error. As far as veneer's go I've been told that the gradient effect is not very noticeable at minimal thickness. Am I missing some huge advantage this material is going to give me? I'm not opposed to buying it, I just don't want to buy into hype.

I believe the only advantage to the average lab would be a little less time to the finished product.. But that being said you end up with a slightly less aesthetic crown than a cut back and layered crown, as well as a more expensive ingot. The spruing technique doesn't look that difficult - I'm sure after spruing a few it would become second nature. It does seem that this would suit production labs more so than the smaller lab.

The MT ingots aren't anything new - It is the "Value" ingots renamed to simplify the emax line.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I believe the only advantage to the average lab would be a little less time to the finished product.
How about the fact that the enamel has 400MPa flexural strength? The e.max powders are probably around 100MPa

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
How about the fact that the enamel has 400MPa flexural strength? The e.max powders are probably around 100MPa
Added strength, and the materials and time saved with layering. My Mini mills the wax, hopefully with a sprue attached at some point...and I press and polish it. . Much less time and labor for a strong layered restoration. Just hope it works....

Toast

Toast

Reaction score
Just hope it works....

I hope it does to. I'm not against joining the party but for now I'll watch from the sidelines. Hopefully everyone will post their experience with the multi ingots, good or bad.
On a side note any bets when multi blue blocks will be announced, I'll go out on a limb and say within 12 months.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
So now the revolution is 12 months and 26 days.:oops:

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Has anyone here used these yet? We have one going in the press later today, 3 bicuspids. *fingers crossed*

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Adam, let us know how you like it or not, OK?
LCM

Zubler USA

Zubler USA

Reaction score
Hi Bob,

Sorry I missed your post. We have not officially released the programs yet. However, I have been working with a lab I know that has our Advanced Press feature and is having success using the new ingots, pattern, ring former and extra plunger. He uses our investment and disposable plungers with one of our Advanced Press programs.

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
I have pressed 4 units so far with my EP5000. Two were centrals and two were molars, both worked and looked great. I will be doing more. I'm thinking about charging more for these. The ingots cost more, $160 for 5 ingots that press 1gram of wax. The most that you will get is 4 units out of one ingot. All of the strength of a monolithic with the esthetics of layering, pretty cool.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
We pressed 3 bicuspids in our EP5000. They turned out really nice. Added a little staining to match adjacent teeth, glazed, and out the door.

The next units we do we are going to do a minimal facial cutback so we can have some enamel on the buccal surface. So far we're quite happy with these new ingots.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Pictures Pictures. We need some visual . We're creatures in need of satisfaction.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
I ran out of time to take some of this batch, they were still warm when I was putting the tape on the box.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
We pressed 3 bicuspids in our EP5000. They turned out really nice. Added a little staining to match adjacent teeth, glazed, and out the door.

The next units we do we are going to do a minimal facial cutback so we can have some enamel on the buccal surface. So far we're quite happy with these new ingots.
Layering ?? doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the multi ingot?

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Layering ?? doesn't that defeat the entire purpose of the multi ingot?
No because it still has a gradient of opacity and shade throughout. I'm just talking about having a .2mm facial cutback, just enough to add a thin layer of staining and enamel.

Matrix

Matrix

Reaction score
I ran a few units so here are photos. A bit more labor intensive than regular emax, but for the added strength this will fit somewhere in the mix of things. The photos are all pre glaze and the shade was C1. Overall, I believe the result was nice on the incisal blend and vitality.

Attachments

• DSCN4878.JPG
    DSCN4878.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4882.JPG
    DSCN4882.JPG
    161.2 KB · Views: 63
  • DSCN4887.JPG
    DSCN4887.JPG
    200.7 KB · Views: 64
  • DSCN4895.JPG
    DSCN4895.JPG