Cartridge based soft liners...

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
I have using the Tokoyama brand cartridge soft reline material for a while now, but the prices of it here in Canada are ridiculous. Does anyone have a source on a similar product priced for less?

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
Not sure about the cost, but have you tried Easysoft?

A

asiaforever007

Reaction score
Hello I'm a dental technician prosthetist Sydney Australia .Have tried a couple of the cartridge type soft liners however i always seem to go back to Molloplast B.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The cartridge systems in my opinion were developed and marketed to be sold and used direct in the mouth. The cost associated with the product is based on the end user. I have used it in my lab as it is a very good alternative to some of the temporary softeners that are on the market. Quick and clean but no where near the bonding properties of old school alternatives.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Just recently tried easysoft. okay in lab but intra orally I haven't got the hang of it yet. I can see it as a temporary thing though...Tried Flexacryl and it may have some uses. Ithink each one has its ups and downs....but for now easysoft for a soft reline done on a jig is best option for me. I will start with an acrylic base and when I get the fit right after a few appointments then take it and do up a cast using a silicon putty with a stone base something like a reline cast....Then I will do an esysoft reline and it works quite well except for a few bubbles which I can then fill....so all in all not too bad a product but like anything have to get used to it.

S

Sp00n

Reaction score
Vertex Soft is something ive used and liked..

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Tried the tokoyama sofreliner m and it is really good. Lots of positive feedback from my patients. Still have easysoft but only use it in the lab...Also have moloplast which I think is by far the best material going for soft liners. Also have the coesoft for trial soft liner and as well as that stuff by tempo. For hard relines chairside have the Tokoyama hard reline material and the Voco ufigel....So I think I have most of my bases covered that way and can do most chariside or lab processed soft and hard relines.....FWIW I have totally switched to the Diamond D acrylic. Cannot beat it for durability....Thanks for the suggestions...

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Hello I'm a dental technician prosthetist Sydney Australia .Have tried a couple of the cartridge type soft liners however i always seem to go back to Molloplast B.

The same has happened to me. The Tokuyama is great for overdentures, and I haven't really found the easysoft as good a product. The Molloplast seems to be better when processed in the lab, but when the patient is a smoker, or has an issue with heavy plaque, or candida the Molloplast gets pretty yucky.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
I have been using Mollosil by detax and am getting some really good results....stopped using easysoft....for temporary situations and tissue conditioning coe comfort and coe soft work quite weill for me especially as an impression material for functional impressions. Then can reline traditionally.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
easysoft has not worked well for me...getting huge porosity bubbles after a few months and then redo them with Molloplast B. TEMPO is popular here as a functional impression and temporary soft reline during immediate post op resorption.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I heard good things about the GC Soft reline, they gave a bonding agent as well.
LCM

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Been using the easy soft with the tokyama primer. That works although I am not confident in it enough when compared to a heat cured molloplast B