lava ultimate on the select

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Hi all. After a little chat with Wieland It appears they don't support milling lava ultimate or vita enamic on the select. With the Vhf being able to mill these materials, and the select being sold as an open mill I found this disappointing. Since the Vhf can do it and they're the same machine how easy would it be to load the holder for vita enamic/lava ultimate into the cam software?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Been wanting to do the same thing with the mini for awhile

L

le-ant

Reaction score
Been wanting to do the same thing with the mini for awhile
It's incredibly frustrating knowing the machine is capable, but Wieland refuse to allow it. I was torn between the Wieland and the Vhf and ended up going for the select after being told by Wieland it could do everything the Vhf could. Wish I'd gone for the Vhf now :-(

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
The new hybrid select should do it since it set up for EMAX cad blocks and the special fixture.

Truthfully its a dongle thing in the CAM. Your Dental Softworks CAM has the provisions for it, its just greyed out and will not allow you to select what you need to turn on. The special holder is needed obviously however if you were to get one the CAM still needs to tell the CNC what and where to mill.

The NEW Select looks interesting to me, it has a stronger spindle, better bearings and typical 2nd gen improvements. Can mill metal and GLASS, looks to be pretty versatile table top mill.

Ivoclar's specific wet dry vac is mandatory, supposedly using anything else will void the warranty.

Jason on the mini if you really want to do it there is CAMIO

http://www.camio.org/

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Thanks John!

I didn't hear that the new select had a more robust spindle?do you know how many kilowatts?

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Not sure Jason, but there is a reason why they increased it even though VHF didn't think it was necessary.

Still do not believe the duty cycle for Hard materials is met but I may be wrong. Seeing how you essentially could load up 8 holders with 6 blocks each and mill 48 units of EMAX unattended. Thats pretty impressive.

I know Matt Roberts bought the Hybrid from the facebook shots I have seen, I will be waiting a few weeks to hear what he has to say about it.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
I agree the new select sounds very interesting. I didn't realise it had an upgraded spindle either. I hear if you already have a select for 6k extra they'll swap it for the new wet mill. Wieland Uk also said as we have the select they'll do the wet mill half price, should we wish to keep the old mill .

G

grantoz

Reaction score
I got told the other day its because the Wieland milling software is different to the vhf software even though they are the same machine. If you talk to the guys that have the Wieland machine they do seem to get less chipping on the margins when milling zirc compared to the vhf machines. I thinks its a bit more than just a simple no, maybe making it hard or impossible to make something out of a oppositions material is also in there somewhere.X files time again.So its time stop typing.

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
The Wieland mills run on Dental Softworks CAM. Very nice software. Fast and accurate milling.

I was told yesterday that the select hybrid has a spindle upgrade that adds ceramic bearings. Still not positive that it's a higher wattage spindle, though.

L

le-ant

Reaction score
It turns out the upgrade is only 5k, and for that you get the new wet mill with hydro station and they'll take the old one away. I've got to say, it's very tempting. How do you guys find the quality of milled emax compared to pressed?

Last edited:
cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
To load the holder for lava whatever 10 seconds adapting strategies 10 minutes but only with axes. ill think the select has an ibag or imt spindel my preference goes to imt maybe they are not so lucky with jäger.the spindel has 300 watt continuous power and 600 watt max power the mini 180 to 240 max power. you can press anything but you can mill it.Wieland is ivoclar so why should they support other factories .buy real cam and your brain is the limit.

Last edited:
L

le-ant

Reaction score
I've got no problem with them looking after their own products, but as far as I know they don't offer an alternative to lava ultimate. I've now been informed by Wieland that the next step for them is to allow the use of third party mandrel type blocks. :)

Top Bottom