All things GC Initial

C

charles007

Reaction score
Blends in very well..
Do you remember how thick the total facial is, and the thickness of frame.
Curious to know if you had any value change because of the metal when using zirconia/porcelain ?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks Charles , when I asked doc , she told me no discoloration . She never mentioned we had a metal post !! In any case , this frame was 0.6 . I didn't suffer any value loss in this case . When I go to 0.4 , I start to have some issues . 0.4 is only for singles btw .

C

charles007

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Drizzt. I used vm9 over metal implant, light 3d shade, had to remake... value off..
Remade using CZR Value porcelain and got a very nice shade.. I guess the CZR Shade Base Stains mades the difference ?
Can't seem to get good 3d shades using vm9 on zirconia and I never had problems using Vita 900, vm13, or Master on 3d shades in metal ceramics.
Vita is history in my lab. lol

Drizzt, have you tried using Shofu's Vintage Art stains directly on zirconia frames for more chroma, etc ? just curious if many labs use it ?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
hard to beat CZR Charles but that GC looks great too Drizzt.Top

Love those kind of cases.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Drizzt. I used vm9 over metal implant, light 3d shade, had to remake... value off..
Remade using CZR Value porcelain and got a very nice shade.. I guess the CZR Shade Base Stains mades the difference ?
Can't seem to get good 3d shades using vm9 on zirconia and I never had problems using Vita 900, vm13, or Master on 3d shades in metal ceramics.
Vita is history in my lab. lol

Drizzt, have you tried using Shofu's Vintage Art stains directly on zirconia frames for more chroma, etc ? just curious if many labs use it ?

I had some value issues with e.max ceram over metal , but it really depends on the thickness of the frame and the kind of zirconia I think . Noritake Katana , e.g. is less translucent compared to Dental Direkt . For this case , I used dental direkt because I didn't know it was a metal post . If I knew , I would have used Noritake .

I was also using Vita , VM13 and VM9 . 13 is the worst porcelain I have ever used , but I like VM9 . Haven't used that in a while though .

I have used them , but I am coloring pre-sintering my frames , and I prefer to use powders to make characterization before my build up .

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
hard to beat CZR Charles but that GC looks great too Drizzt.Top

Love those kind of cases.

Thanks rkm !! I would love to try CZR ! I think I will after I finish testing Creation CT .

aidihra

aidihra

Reaction score
Hey Dimitri, are you trying out all the porcelain systems? GC, Shofu and Creation is next. I would be curious to know the pros and cons of each porcelain that you have used once you decide which one you prefer most. Maybe open a new thread if you feel like it and ranking them.

Also, your work is awesome! It doesn't matter what porcelain you use.

Update: I just read the Shofu Vintage ZR thread after posting this and it seems the pros and cons of some porcelain systems are being discussed there.

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey Dimitri, are you trying out all the porcelain systems? GC, Shofu and Creation is next. I would be curious to know the pros and cons of each porcelain that you have used once you decide which one you prefer most. Maybe open a new thread if you feel like it and ranking them.

Also, your work is awesome! It doesn't matter what porcelain you use.

Update: I just read the Shofu Vintage ZR thread after posting this and it seems the pros and cons of some porcelain systems are being discussed there.

Thanks man !! I really am trying lots of porcelain indeed !! It started because I wanted to switch from e.max ceram , to something cheaper and more easy to handle . I had some problem with ceram over Zi . After I finish testing , I will write something about it . E.g. , with shofu I am having great anteriors , but have some tearing on the posterior occlusal morphology . With GC , posteriors are unbelievable good ! I almost not touching them with a needle bur ! But , I find hard to achieve a nice anterior insical effect .

A

aqdental

Reaction score
H
I had some value issues with e.max ceram over metal , but it really depends on the thickness of the frame and the kind of zirconia I think . Noritake Katana , e.g. is less translucent compared to Dental Direkt . For this case , I used dental direkt because I didn't know it was a metal post . If I knew , I would have used Noritake .

I was also using Vita , VM13 and VM9 . 13 is the worst porcelain I have ever used , but I like VM9 . Haven't used that in a while though .

I have used them , but I am coloring pre-sintering my frames , and I prefer to use powders to make characterization before my build up .
hi Drizzt, what you didn't like about V13? Just curios.
Great work btw, please keep posting.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
H

hi Drizzt, what you didn't like about V13? Just curios.
Great work btw, please keep posting.
There is nothing I liked about VM13 . Probably something I wasn't doing correctly , but couldn't work with it . Too much tearing , shades were too greyish , incosistent shrinkage . Switched to Inline and everything was easy !

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
I too have experienced some shade issues (lack of chroma) with VM 13. 't say I've had the tearing and pulling issues though.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Vita should have taken Omega porcelain and just improved it with a new name rather than come out with 900, VM13 & Master. In my opinion vm 13 & Master were crap and Vita 900 was ok but still not as nice to use as Omega. VM9, many labs having problems with shades.
Sorry Vita, when you snooze you lose, and your history for many labs..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
BridgeGC.jpg Havent posted in awhile, but Ive been ..recluctantly.. doing more PFMs lately.. MC over HN, 6 unit. Didnt have time to get any decent pics with good light.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I usually prefer bikinis , but that one piece looks real Good!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
New case , 7 unit zirconia bridge , layered with GC Initial Zr Fs , little space for ceramic because of under prepped teeth , o.6 thickness of ceramic .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Looking pretty good, Dimitri!

Top Bottom