Ivoclar revolution in 26 days?

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
You all have reps!? LOL who knew? I guess the several thousand I drop with Ivoclar every month doesn't earn me one.
I had a good rep a few years ago.. he moved on and haven't heard much from Ivoclar since.

Gosh, even I have a rep with Ivoclar. Stand up Man! Declare your rights! But then I did take the class at LVI AND bought the system.

user name

user name

Reaction score
You've been courted? Well, I don' rate that high. :(
My experiences...so many reps act like theyre doing you a favor showing up. I make it clear that their bag-o-tricks doesnt dazzle me. When they remember that theyre borrowing your time asking for your money it turns the table a bit.

Im not shallow or a sweet talker, but honestly...I havent bought porcelain powders in years.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
I've never had a rep show up at my door.. Everything i do is through Ivoclar.. my metal, my porcelain, and my e.max.. Hell I evn bought an ep5000 a few years ago. I'll get a phone call from a rep once or twice a year trying to sell me a new oven but thats it.

I have a rep.. apparently he just sucks.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If youre in Schaan at the HQ, you will get wined and dined at this joint in Austria... Old world charm, Schnitzel bigger than your plate... Worth the trip.

Attachments

• IMG_1187.JPG
    IMG_1187.JPG
    205.5 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1165.JPG
    IMG_1165.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1156.JPG
    IMG_1156.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1169.jpg
    IMG_1169.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 40
Al.

Al.

Reaction score
Same thing here Desert fox almost never hear from Ivoclar.

C

charles007

Reaction score
Same thing here Desert fox almost never hear from Ivoclar.
Its a shame Al... your beautiful pictures of Emax, Dsign and InLine have been shown all over world. GC stepped up to the plate and took advantage of your masterpieces of work to show to the world..
Hope your now getting free porcelain and free lunches when your GC rep is in town.. ;)

fyi: Personally I don't care to meet with reps anymore unless its for a free lunch. Everything we need to know is now on the internet before you can order it..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
"Personally I don't care to meet with reps anymore unless its for a free lunch."

Spoken like a true exocad user.Eating

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
When Ivo changed their sales structure, they moved many of us to "inside" sales reps. The key to remember here is that the reps represent them, not us. If we don't generate enough sales/profit, we lose value to them.
It really isn't any different than a lab account that sends that difficult anterior every other month.
What the suppliers don't seem to acknowledge is that the lab market has changed and unless the "rep" creates value-added image, I can order more efficiently with a few mouse clicks and no more allegiance than any price shopper.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I buy my emax from ebay, havent purchased from ivoclar in a long time.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Im not shallow or a sweet talker, but honestly...I havent bought porcelain powders in years.

Would that I could be shallow, even if just for opportune moments. Down right clutzy in fact. Unless I am in that rare sweet spot where the Welsh shines though. I am downright poetic then. :p

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
Getting back to this forum and came across this interesting topic. My rep developed a boxed marketing deal for my accounts to help them gain patient commitment on bigger and better treatment plans. Its called Smile to the Max. Its been successful for my business. Al and desertfox, where are tou located?

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
When Ivo changed their sales structure, they moved many of us to "inside" sales reps. The key to remember here is that the reps represent them, not us. If we don't generate enough sales/profit, we lose value to them.
It really isn't any different than a lab account that sends that difficult anterior every other month.
What the suppliers don't seem to acknowledge is that the lab market has changed and unless the "rep" creates value-added image, I can order more efficiently with a few mouse clicks and no more allegiance than any price shopper.
I feel like my iv rep represents my business and wants me to grow. He wants me to buy more material. Better at least than any other company I have dealt with. Who would you all say is the BEST represented dental company for growing YOUR business?

Last edited:
Gru

Gru

Reaction score
During my initial startup (5yrs back) I was spending a fair amount on equipment and product and had an on the ground rep. He did his best and would still answer questions if I called. The company changed the sales structure and consequently I have an inside sales rep who does his best and responds in a reasonable time frame, but I'm certainly not a big fish. I don't expect anything more than I get and hold to the view that sales must focus on where they make money.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Maybe argen canada.. US tech support doesnt follow up, but are there when you need it. Although I dont order anything from them, Jensen is really persistent and Bego has great support. As far as seeing a rep.. ha! Im a one man show.

R

Ron.Ferland

Reaction score
During my initial startup (5yrs back) I was spending a fair amount on equipment and product and had an on the ground rep. He did his best and would still answer questions if I called. The company changed the sales structure and consequently I have an inside sales rep who does his best and responds in a reasonable time frame, but I'm certainly not a big fish. I don't expect anything more than I get and hold to the view that sales must focus on where they make money.
Agreed. I cant spend much time with a doc that uses me for an occasional case or when they need something fast and local