New inLab MC 5-Axis "Open" Mill

LA Ceramics

LA Ceramics

Reaction score
That was the most racist thing I've seen in quite some time. Travis, could you moderate that?
And in all seriousness, I don't get it Rob.

What ?,...guess I musta' missed something. If I missed a "whoops",.. and it got edited let's just leave it alone,..but if not,...I wonder if you could explain what was "racist" about this post ? Sorry,...I'm just trying to understand what you meant,... If it was just a joke than nevermind,.....Hmmmm2

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
yeah joke. the countries hyper sensitivity and willingness to throw out the race card. The band name (I think?) Average White Band.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
Any young Cerec drs we have are doing those fake permanent "hybrid" crowns on as many cases as they can just to pay for that boondogle. I figure they will charge full price when they fail too. Cerec is out to kill the dental lab, no doubt about it. I wouldn't buy any of their products just for that reason alone.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Docs never do that, they will save 150$ of your price and add mostly the same amount for the same appointment delivery so the extra gain is 300$, 100000/300= 333.33 units-days
which is nearly a year.
and yet if they have enough patients the gain is more if they send you all the cases.

333 days is almost a year if you work 7 days a week, not many Dr's doing that, more like 4 days a week and lets not even think about holidays. Its more like 200/250 days year.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
333 days is almost a year if you work 7 days a week, not many Dr's doing that, more like 4 days a week and lets not even think about holidays. Its more like 200/250 days year.

Those who work less will charge more and most likely to cover the cost relatively faster.

J

Jurim

Reaction score
This thread is great. I have an Omnicam and Trios in the office, as well as some of our mills. What I found is that CEREC will replace crown and bridge coming into the lab, plain and simple. It does pay for itself quickly provided we utilize same-day dentistry. The quality of the restoration is correlated to technique, same how when you get a good prep and impression you can provide a better result. If you use the system to its ability a DDS can make excellent restorations.

In the lab I feel like there are CEREC doctors that want to use their machines for more than simple crown and bridge- Here is where digital scans shine!
Regardless of the system, digital workflows are on the up and up

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
This thread is great. I have an Omnicam and Trios in the office, as well as some of our mills. What I found is that CEREC will replace crown and bridge coming into the lab, plain and simple. It does pay for itself quickly provided we utilize same-day dentistry. The quality of the restoration is correlated to technique, same how when you get a good prep and impression you can provide a better result. If you use the system to its ability a DDS can make excellent restorations.

In the lab I feel like there are CEREC doctors that want to use their machines for more than simple crown and bridge- Here is where digital scans shine!
Regardless of the system, digital workflows are on the up and up

What kind of bridges your doing in office?
and how average in-office cerec restorations per dentist per day ?

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Docs never do that, they will save 150$ of your price and add mostly the same amount for the same appointment delivery so the extra gain is 300$, 100000/300= 333.33 units-days
which is nearly a year.
and yet if they have enough patients the gain is more if they send you all the cases.
Won't pretend to know much more than this -

I defy you to find me a dentist who work 333 days per year...

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
Won't pretend to know much more than this -

I defy you to find me a dentist who work 333 days per year...

Read what you quote again, i said nearly a year.
and that is mean a little more or less than a year, hopefully that will answer your defy.

However, the best financial investment a dentist may ever have is a good business relationship with a professional dental lab, simply because it is free(as a relation),and on the other hand very much rewarding, all successful dentists i ever see know that or at least are doing that.

Pronto

Pronto

Reaction score
If having a good relationship with a lab is such a good financial investment and rewarding then why do they fall for the Cerec? Simple answer greed proposed by Cerec.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
If having a good relationship with a lab is such a good financial investment and rewarding then why do they fall for the Cerec? Simple answer greed proposed by Cerec.
There is no conflict of having both cerec and a professional lab, most of the labs are not willing to do the same day restoration, then the cerec will solve this problem with urgent cases, on the other hand i don't think every dentist buy cerec because of greed, most likely the second reason after the urgent cases reason is that the dentist is not professionally comfortable with mostly all labs there around them and think buying cerec will solve partially this problem.
the third reason is just to keep up with the field technology as it is very attractive, fun, and adding knowledge.

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Read what you quote again, i said nearly a year.
and that is mean a little more or less than a year, hopefully that will answer your defy.

However, the best financial investment a dentist may ever have is a good business relationship with a professional dental lab, simply because it is free(as a relation),and on the other hand very much rewarding, all successful dentists i ever see know that or at least are doing that.
"Nearly" has nothing to do with it. I would say most dentist work 4 days per week probably no more than 48 weeks a year = 192 days per year. 192*$300=$57600 $100,000/57,600=1.73 years given your assumptions.

Or nearly 2 years.

Truthfully - I could not care less. I just get tired of your sanctimonious tone - nearly every day...

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
"Nearly" has nothing to do with it. I would say most dentist work 4 days per week probably no more than 48 weeks a year = 192 days per year. 192*$300=$57600 $100,000/57,600=1.73 years given your assumptions.

Or nearly 2 years.

Truthfully - I could not care less. I just get tired of your sanctimonious tone - nearly every day...

It is still a valid calculations and very much closer to 1 year rather than to 5 years.
Regarding your everyday problem, i really cannot help, your are the only one who is responsible of your believes.
Truthfully, out of my bedroom i am a polite man i guess.

J

jgradygdl

Reaction score
what I'm seeing are the younger docs have to have this technology. I know of a lot of docs here in nc who use it and rarely ever send any more cases out to the lab.. kind of alarming to me personally. now that emax cad is on the scene the docs see it is the answer to a lab bill free practice.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
what I'm seeing are the younger docs have to have this technology. I know of a lot of docs here in nc who use it and rarely ever send any more cases out to the lab.. kind of alarming to me personally. now that emax cad is on the scene the docs see it is the answer to a lab bill free practice.

Hopefully they will do, so your future lab will receive only digital impressions, less duties for more income.EatingEating

the demand of dental technicians is in raise every year since the launch of dental cad/cam technology regardless of the raise of the number of the graduates, so no worries.Rock

and if we got jobless because of technology we will go back to school and study dentistry and then no one ever will defeat a technician doc. :D:D