Partial Denture investment

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I'm asking concerning the best investment that you used in RPD with smooth casting results.
Thanks

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Duplicate under pressure and let the refractory set up under pressure. You don't have to have a fancy gadget like a Wiropress. A pressure pot at 20-25 PSI will make a HUGE difference.

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
I makevmy refractory with silicon under pressure with Bego's Wirofine.

Albert
Prodigydental.com

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Ticonium investment is very fine grained and the liquid is very inexpensive. The Army, Air Force and Navy has used Ticonium for decades.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Ticonium was used widely until the issues with Berylium were reported. Still used in many labs but
many went to Vitallium (CoCr) after that, even though higher heat, etc.
Ticonium had a beryllium free version but what I heard, FWIW, was that that does not cast as well as
the original.
LCM

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Vitallium is the most common in my neck of the woods. Although we've noticed there have been an increasing number of nickel sensitivities forcing us to look at other alternatives.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Vitallium is Cobalt system, I believe Wironium as well. Should not have nickel . . .

Attachments

• vitallium_alloys_4620-49-3-MSDS.pdf
    54.8 KB · Views: 2
lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Now if you are in Australia and uses the Vitallium "Special Alloy" it may have some nickel . . .

Attachments

• vitallium_special_alloy_4620-33-MSDS-Australia.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 1
Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
Chrome allergies as well as Nickel (from inferior alloys) are causing us to explore other options...like Ti.

Now when I say 'sensitivities' I'll be more specific and say there are three categories.

1. Significant and immediate type 1 hypersensitivity or allergy. Obvious.

2. Minor or delayed sensitivity - Harder to spot at first as irritation is felt over longer periods of time and is generally mild at first. First symptom is usually itchiness or tingling and slight redness where the material is contacting the tissue. Also seen reactions to nylon fibers used in crosslinked acrylics.

3. 'Sensitive types' - They say they're experiencing symptoms of ....something.... but no visible evidence or other collaborating data. Perhaps it's a coincidence, but many of them also claim to have Fibromyalgia, which could suggest a neurobiological connection. (Think placebo effect, but in the negative). For these people even grade 4 Ti might not be acceptable.

1&2 are easy to deal with. 3 will make you pull your hair out (if hasn't gone gray and fallen out already)

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
So have your found any acrylic without the 'high impact' or some other nylon fibers?
You would think the PMMA is more likely to provoke an reaction.
LCM

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
So have your found any acrylic without the 'high impact' or some other nylon fibers?
You would think the PMMA is more likely to provoke an reaction.
LCM

Found?..... no... used a very fine strainer and manually removed them all myself?... yes.

Surprisingly few PMMA sensitives (comparatively speaking) but when you see them, wow. One guy looked like he sucked on a red lollipop. Can't imagine that felt good

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Thanks for that one. You are removable tech then? Welcome.
LCM

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
I used to be, now I manage/co-own. I occasionally miss the bench though .

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
You must be on something on those 'occasions' when you missed acrylic work . . .
:D

Top Bottom