Izir Fees

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
image.jpg image.jpg Finally bought a new camera. So far just a pic of a flower in my yard,didn't notice the bug until I focused. And a pic of an fcz . Lots to learn.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Nice job Bob !

How long have you been 3 Shaping now?

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Great shot!
What camera?
Thanks Bob, it's a nikon d7100. Nikkor 105mm lens,with remote speedlight. I've had a blast shooting with it over the last few days. 600 pics! Family, friends , dog, cars, sunsets, oh yeah and the reason I bought it ...wink wink....crowns

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Thanks Bob, it's a nikon d7100. Nikkor 105mm lens,with remote speedlight. I've had a blast shooting with it over the last few days. 600 pics! Family, friends , dog, cars, sunsets, oh yeah and the reason I bought it ...wink wink....crowns
Would you share the setting for this camera. I got one, it is siting in the box for months..... now

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Would you share the setting for this camera. I got one, it is siting in the box for months..... now
Absolutely , first I would get a good macro lens. Maybe you already have one? The "kit" lens is fine for most shots but to get a really good shot I believe that you need a good macro and a good flash. The setting that I used for the crown pic were flash- 1/125. Aperture f51 , and ISO 200. The flower was shot without flash. I hope that helps and if any other questions please ask away. I'm no expert but if I cannot answer I'm know that we have several on this forum who can help. I love nikon and canon , and that 7100 really is an amazing camera, open that box:)

S

stanleyn

Reaction score
Absolutely , first I would get a good macro lens. Maybe you already have one? The "kit" lens is fine for most shots but to get a really good shot I believe that you need a good macro and a good flash. The setting that I used for the crown pic were flash- 1/125. Aperture f51 , and ISO 200. The flower was shot without flash. I hope that helps and if any other questions please ask away. I'm no expert but if I cannot answer I'm know that we have several on this forum who can help. I love nikon and canon , and that 7100 really is an amazing camera, open that box:)
Thanks. I have the same camera, lens, and Nikon dual flash. I will try it. I have mental block about it. Working 6 days a week does not help

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
image.jpg Also I'm guessing that you are shooting manual, JPEG. I use the second card for backup. I'm not shooting a raw file and I hope to experiment soon. I also use a diffuser with my flash. Hope that helps.

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Thanks. I have the same camera, lens, and Nikon dual flash. I will try it. I have mental block about it. Working 6 days a week does not help
Oh wow you are good to go, amen on the long hours. When you do get the time to give it a try don't hesitate to pm or email me. [email protected] Or call. Cheers

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
To both Bob's and including this Bob, from 6 months to 4 years, look how far we have come in that short time frame.

Especially when you think about how long it took us to acquire similar manual skills.

I even look back to 1 and 2 year old threads here on DLN and marvel at the accelerated pace of learning we experience now.

Heck, I never thought I would be teaching dentists about intra oral scanning one year ago.

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
To both Bob's and including this Bob, from 6 months to 4 years, look how far we have come in that short time frame.

Especially when you think about how long it took us to acquire similar manual skills.

I even look back to 1 and 2 year old threads here on DLN and marvel at the accelerated pace of learning we experience now.

Heck, I never thought I would be teaching dentists about intra oral scanning one year ago.
Amen, it was a tough decision for me because we are a small lab and I'm a bit older. I thought that maybe I would just pfm and press my way into retirement. Now I'm like a kid again enjoying my job. My day today is almost all either designing or glazing zirc. I think the idea of buying a scanner and educating your docs is brilliant. Kudos !!!!

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Bob, nice pics, thanks for sharing. What's the specs on the lens? f2.8?
Thanks, I'm glad ya like em, you are correct.. f2.8. It does have VR and it seems to work really well.