e.max , one bake and glaze

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Great work as always.. I would love to see an overhead view of the crowns on the model next time!

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Hey everyone , this is a single central zirconia crown , over a Ankylos stock abutment , which we anodized gold . The crown is layered with e.max ceram . Really tough case because of shape and shade . Not in one bake , had to have the patient in the lab to finish it . Really happy with it .

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Very nicely done Drizzt. Nice shade match.

ceram1

ceram1

Reaction score
One pic is pre op of old composites. The other is Temps. The finals are on the model ready for delivery. Will post finals if I get them.

M

Mohammad Khair

Reaction score
I see, the 2 centrals look very nice, thanks for sharing.

best wishes

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Beautiful work. Especially the last one;)

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Ha I just took that one to show the proportions.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Super job!! I try to make it with one bake, but sometimes the ceramic shrinks too much although I put extra amount of it... especially the incical corners.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
Super job!! I try to make it with one bake, but sometimes the ceramic shrinks too much although I put extra amount of it... especially the incical corners.

For the one bake technique , you should be very careful with the framework . The frame must have a dynamic design , and of course support the ceramic . If the frame design is not good , then it becomes very difficult because it shrinks unpredictably .

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
For the one bake technique , you should be very careful with the framework . The frame must have a dynamic design , and of course support the ceramic . If the frame design is not good , then it becomes very difficult because it shrinks unpredictably .
you know i am having some trouble with the ceramists. they don't want me giving cusps and such on my copings. they want the copings to have less detail. now, i know if i bring them down any more they will have unsupported porcelain and uneven layers. but i give them the mathematically correct coping and they just trim and smooth out.

i think they havent figured out how to use their "runny" opaquer, and may be trying to make the coping smoother to compensate for their bad opaquing technique.

in so doing they get sharp edges on cusps and bring it to me to "make them rounder"

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
Is anyone using an opaque technique on emax? I'm confused....

skdawl

skdawl

Reaction score
I get the designing with proper support, as long as the edges are not sharp it shouldn't cause any fractures. Very rarely have I ever had a crack with emax porcelain, just the core