Anyone have any creative pricing strategies for Single Anterior matches?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I wonder who would charge less for a bicuspid because its smaller and less work than a molar... Yes anteriors are more work, more stress, etc. but since when has a Dr wanted to pay us more because what we are doing is harder or more stressful. I will always charge a new client an anterior fee, if they bitch, then I explain they need to have realistic expectations about remakes and the time I will put into the crown. If they dont want to pay it, I doubt this extra fee is worth losing a client over. If its someone who only sends single central matches, I say stick it to em.

I love what grantoz says, skill up and shut up.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I wonder who would charge less for a bicuspid because its smaller and less work than a molar... Yes anteriors are more work, more stress, etc. but since when has a Dr wanted to pay us more because what we are doing is harder or more stressful. I will always charge a new client an anterior fee, if they bitch, then I explain they need to have realistic expectations about remakes and the time I will put into the crown. If they dont want to pay it, I doubt this extra fee is worth losing a client over. If its someone who only sends single central matches, I say stick it to em.

I love what grantoz says, skill up and shut up.

Sheesh, roll over and show your belly.
I have plenty of skills and spent a majority of my life honing my skills. I get in on the case planning from the start do dx wax ups.
I am going to charge more because of the time involved. I could be doing several gravy cases in the same time frame. I have expenses
to cover to keep the lights on. Doctors that are not appreciative of my education and skills can waste some other labs time.
My $.02

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
A vicious circle.... the single central. It usually demands more of our time because of demanding clients and patients who expect more . Time is money, and as such we should be compensated for our time. The experience and skills one gain over the years doing single centrals is noteworthy. The money lost in the early days by doing remakes for free can now be made up for,,,,so it just balances out ;)

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
I once heard a doc say he adjusts the fee based on how close the patient holds the mirror he hands them. In a sense we ought to do the same: increased fees based on increased expectations. The biggest disasters are the ones that start with a statement to the effect of "this patient is very particular..." before you even see the case.

Charge what you believe your work is worth for a single match. They don't have to send it. If you need the work, be flexible.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
I once heard a doc say he adjusts the fee based on how close the patient holds the mirror he hands them. In a sense we ought to do the same: increased fees based on increased expectations. The biggest disasters are the ones that start with a statement to the effect of "this patient is very particular..." before you even see the case.

Charge what you believe your work is worth for a single match. They don't have to send it. If you need the work, be flexible.

I know what doctor you speak of.

dmonwaxa

dmonwaxa

Reaction score
Funny same but the opposite... I saw a patient this week, she was concerned of the greyness of her implants "dental that is" showing at the tissue when retracted I might add. I mentioned to her it'll only be the dentist, and added besides, if anyone is that close, believe me they're not interested in her teeth!

Everyone in the DTR busted out laughing, the doc, assistant, the patient and her personal assistant (female). The look they gave each other made me a bit uncomfortable, had to hurry up and get outta there.EviltongueEviltongue ;);)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
take the shade using the trios shade software and layer the case correctly and not like a lazy ceramist.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
take the shade using the trios shade software and layer the case correctly and not like a lazy ceramist.
That thing is iffy at best. What I'm hearing on the street. Frankly it's only a guide.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I havn't upgraded yet,still waiting for my new calibration tip.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
lol, something that will remove kling ons:D

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
Horror story time. Single central. Sixteen year old girl. Her mummy and daddy had this work done and then went on vacation for two weeks. The girl came back five or more times for the coddling. Each time for shade adjustments. The doctor finally stepped in and the girl never returned. At the first visit (custom shade) the mother 'instructed' the girl in this behavior. So, the dentist should be the first point of contact in these issues. They have most of the control over this type of situation.

JeffT

JeffT

jeff
Reaction score
I invested in a spectroshade Micro many years back and it has paid for itself many times over, not to mention it looks very pro in front of the docs. We have a fixed price for full contour and add an additional charge if I add ceramic to the job, even if it is a just a minor cut back on the buccal (posts) to add some extra zing If I think the crown will be in the esthetic zone, or the patient is young. For a full custom Anterior we add the same additional charge, no more, no less. If I crunched the numbers I would probably be losing a little in labor on these but the docs appreciate it and we make up the costs in the minor addition jobs which are quick to do, and all the simple single full contour stuff they send because they know they get looked after.
We do however, charge more for PFM.

Boksa

Boksa

Reaction score
I let them pick from my special shade guide.

multi-coloured-sweet-corn-cobs-white-background-35575540.jpg

My favrt.

GG - J

GG - J

Reaction score
Always insist on seeing patient fir custom shade- we sell it to doctor as a $50 insurance policy that the shade will be replicated correctly to best of our ability

Nothinh like trying discuss color over the phone when patient doesn't come to lab
lol