stumph shades

AcciDental

AcciDental

Reaction score
There are even tooth colored die stones ;) Haven't had a chance to try either of these, since most of the doctors usually write ''light stump'' or ''normal tooth colored stump'' or ''dark colored stump'' or ''post-n-core'', I also get the pictures of those. This stuff is handy only if you AND your clients are interested in improving your work and take a small leap for another level, including specific determined shade of the stump (whether it is with the e.max stump shade guide or simply some Vita shade guide). In my experience, usually the younger doctors are really into determining substructures exact shades.
If I'd ever use it, I'd probably go with testing the tooth colored die stone with it, and only use it for certain cases (far too little room to make the crown thick enough to hide stump colour),definitely not in all cases.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We use Harvest TruPrep. Same principle. Allows you to paint a more intricate pattern (think light tooth structure and an metal post on the same prep). Pricey, but does show some attention to detail. Definitely beats using light cure goo and contaminating the crown but doesn't have the intimate fit you would with the ND light cure. my 2cents.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We use Harvest TruPrep. Same principle. Allows you to paint a more intricate pattern (think light tooth structure and an metal post on the same prep). Pricey, but does show some attention to detail. Definitely beats using light cure goo and contaminating the crown but doesn't have the intimate fit you would with the ND light cure. my 2cents.

Gru, have you tried putting glaze liquid on the die. It helps to fill that space and show the stump color influence better. I use it on ND materials as well.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
Thanks 2th, yep, every time. I particularly like that it burns out clean.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
I use PerfectMatch, it's an ADS product and it works pretty well.
It comes with 11 shades and a sealer.

J

James Kivimaki

Reaction score
thanks guys for all the help.