Best stain to use on zirconia

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hey that guy looks familiar.
The fish???? Or the guy in the red coat that hasn't wetted a hook all summer. This old dog is trying to learn 3shape and loving it. And missing fishing.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Hang in there Bob, you're 3 Shape will give you Friday afternoons off eventually.

For the time being, the rest of us get to catch a few

Bob Smith

Bob Smith

Reaction score
Hang in there Bob, you're 3 Shape will give you Friday afternoons off eventually.

For the time being, the rest of us get to catch a few
Thanks, that's the plan. After 40 years at the bench I'm loving my job more than ever. And yes Friday days on the bay are gonna be sweet. I can taste it.

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
do any of you use staining liquids for your pre-sintered zirconia that are water based and come in all shades? I've been using the glidewell colors and they're ok but i've seen full-c crowns that have much better shades and i think i want to try something new.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
do any of you use staining liquids for your pre-sintered zirconia that are water based and come in all shades? I've been using the glidewell colors and they're ok but i've seen full-c crowns that have much better shades and i think i want to try something new.

I don't know what you mean Nan. All of them come in all the Vita shades. What more do you want? And if you are talking incisal, that's just ridiculous. No one makes an incisal for each shade. Not even in porcelain.

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
now i'm confused. didn't you say the prettau dies only come in light & dark? i also know we used to use liquids from 3m that were frame shades 1-5 not the vita shades. i think they have some new ones now though. i was just curious what people like.

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
now i'm confused. didn't you say the prettau dies only come in light & dark? i also know we used to use liquids from 3m that were frame shades 1-5 not the vita shades. i think they have some new ones now though. i was just curious what people like.

Prettau is made by ZirkonZahn. it is the body shade in all vita shades

argen makes incisal that comes in 2 shades, light and dark

CAD BANE

CAD BANE

Reaction score
what stains do you use for pre-sintered zirconia? I have a hard time hitting the shade just right coming out of the oven.
I currently use the Lava Plus Coloring Liquids to shade my zirconia in the pre-sinter "green stage". I currently am using them with the Jensen XT Zirconia and I am getting shades that I am really happy with. Most the time after they are sintered I am only needing to add some enamel staining using InSync Stain And Glaze also from Jensen and the glazing. If you send me your email I will send you some photos and step by step instructions with images.
What Zirconia are you currently using?

N

Nan Simpson

Reaction score
[QUOTE="CAD BANE, post: 153894, member: 12192
What Zirconia are you currently using?[/QUOTE]

Sagemax mostly. Some Bruxzir on request.