iTero Design Premium

R

RJS8669

Reaction score
Anyone ever considered charging a little more to work with iTero scans? Maybe its just me, but I experience a significant amount of lag time during the design process (3Shape). Single units, its not so bad, but on multiple unit cases the lag can increase the design time by 3-5 minutes, which when you think about it as a percentage of time is fairly significant.

Its mildly irritating. On a Monday. Morning.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
I don't understand your "lag time" issue. I use Straumann/DW and using Itero scans is actually much faster since it eliminates scanning models. Software still works at normal speeds on these scans as with any other.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
are you working on non-ditched data?

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
What version of 3shape are you using? I've heard of some lagging more than others. I find it fairly quick to run them through model builder with the ditch set in the Itero software. Saves time on marking the margins and no scanning of models.

DentalAxess

DentalAxess

Reaction score
I agree with CadCamAL, some older versions can be more lagging than newer ones.

Are you working on a client PC? Sometimes there can be a lag due to the network setup. If so, try modelling the case on the server and see if you notice a difference.

A 3rd party scan (such as iTero) scan could cause other issues such as holes in the model errors or when setting splines, but I've never experienced a lag issue which was caused by the type of scanner used. It would be helpful if you can specify when/how you notice a lag.

Dominic

Top Bottom