Laserdentium Mill 500?

K

kentist

Reaction score
Is this a rebrand?
anyone has any experience with that one and its OpenCAM software?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
they used to be Laserdenta. complete and utter tripe. stay away. i have posted extensively on the subject.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
A lab local to me has the Laserdental scanner and mill, a month or two ago the spindle failed on the mill. They were told that there was a 6 week lead time on a replacement spindle.... (obviously they should've had a spare in stock at the lab, but 6 weeks??)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
A lab local to me has the Laserdental scanner and mill, a month or two ago the spindle failed on the mill. They were told that there was a 6 week lead time on a replacement spindle.... (obviously they should've had a spare in stock at the lab, but 6 weeks??)
the spindle, the Z axis and the G code generator failed on mine. it just all of a sudden began writing tool paths all over the place sometimes forgetting the 1mm tool, other times smashing the tool into the puck....

giant turd.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
That sounds rough, I had heard good things about the mill prior to this. How long/how many units did you mill before you started having issues?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
got the mill in 2011, began having mill issues in 2012 i quit in 2013

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
I guess one bad apple does spoil the whole bunch in CAD CAM

Actually 6 weeks for a replacement is just stupid.... it really drives home what is the best mill... or microwave oven ( and yes Panasonic I'm pissed off with you guys)
1. Support
2. Other Stuff

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
for the same money we could have had an objet 260v. dollar for dollar a far more stable and solid investment.

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
260V is a great machine... stable and reliable, and if you get it for the CORRECT purpose..a money spinner.

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
What would be the "correct" purpose of a 260V?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
printing sellable quality items, some argue the 260v is not good for model printing. all i have to say about it is, we print models for layered cases and implant work. last week a doc was kind enough to call and tell me he thinks the contacts have improved since transitioning to printed.

make of that what you will.

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
We have a 260v (ortho models mainly)
Are you using 3shape models builder?
Would you mind sharing your settings in a PM?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
What would be the "correct" purpose of a 260V?
Hi, the correct purpose is the one you are happy with and is acceptable for your purpose.

Currently we make Ortho models, splint models, C and B models and no one is unhappy. For C and B we don't make implant models but are close to an acceptable solution.
We are using 3 Shape, exocad, Maestro 3D, Blue Sky Plan, Co Diagnistix NetFab, Rhino so we have a fair assortment to play with.
They all have their place.

Fact is if the appliance or restoration fits in the mouth, that's all the end user cares and that's what we focus on. Printing models helps us achieve this from scans. It's not perfect but it's a good solution.

I know some people will NEVER be happy with a 3D printer regardless of the brand, quality, accuracy , repeatability, or some people will argue brand A is better than brand B... Who cares it's actually nitpicking and missing the point... and possibly the boat. We have a great in house solution that works NOW . When something better cones along great, we will add it if viable. Actually looking at adding a new machine now for another related purpose.

I can tell you what they are lousy for...printing a digital scan then getting your wax instrument and trying to mix digital with analog and expecting a great outcome.
It does not work like that.

If we NEVER pour another impression ... It won't bother me a bit.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Agreed Terry, the restoration should be made from the scan and not the die.

Porcelain build up works fine though.

NT Trading make the best analogs for digital models fyi.

Top Bottom