My Monolithic LT looks like FCZ

• Thread starter Marcusthegladiator CDT
  • Start date
user name

user name

Reaction score
Edited because I made an inappropriate remark. Sorry. I lack maturity.

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
More often than not, when I press a posterior monolithic emax crown in LT. The things look like Full Zirconia Crowns.
Where can I find literature on staining LT mono other than Ivoclaire info.
I can do much better.

Marcus, you might want to try some Authentic blue stain on the incisal areas. You can get it from Jensen. I've used it for a long time with good results. It is more of a "sky blue" color and looks very natural when feathered out. I stain and glaze using it with the Emax glaze on the first fire and then use nothing but glaze on second firing. Beats buying a whole kit! ;)

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Value ingots are good for posterior's in the light shade range with a light stump. They lie in between LT and HT in translucency. I did HT's for a few years on my posterior cases but ultimately decided they came out too gray. So I went to LT and Value ingots mostly, unless its an onlay or something replacing enamel, then I will use HT. Only drawback with the value's is that they are a "generic" shade.. You may find a little more learning curve staining those to the correct shade than an LT.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
Anyone has used eMax monolithic crowns on implant abutments and noticed fractures?
I am counting on eMax being stronger in bulk to last longer than stacked porcelain since
I have an occlusal window for screw retention.
LCM

user name

user name

Reaction score
LT should be layered only
Esthetics and durability are two different lines on a graph. When you consider the specific needs of each particular patient, sometimes (often),mono e.max is the best option.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Ivoclars stance on HT is it should ONLY be used in enamel replacements like onlays and tabletops since its translucency is the same as enamel powder. LT is the equivalent of dentine and the value ingots are half way in between them. Not to say HT can't be used but be careful to go a few shades lighter in your ingot selectoin, it may look OK on the model but once in the dark mouth it will gray out like crazy.

C

charles007

Reaction score
HT ingots will turn in to C shades unless you how and when to use them..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
try powder stains and then use the opal glaze.

My fczs look like emax.;)
DSC_0732_zps5c3fe5dd.jpg

bite me!

U

USGooner

Reaction score
What am I looking at here? Where's the crown besides that thing on #4? I'm assuming it's #5. Looks great if so! That's fcz?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Yes,it's the first bicuspid.

desertfox384

desertfox384

Reaction score
Looks darn good for FCZ. Couple questions... what stain are you using, and are you staining darker than prescribed shade or just matching a shade tab? So often FCZ (even when it matches the shade tab) will look too bright and opaque in the mouth, so I stain a touch darker than the prescribed shade.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We took the shade and outsourced the milling so there was no fancy pre sintered staining.
Argen Z Esthetic is the best zir we have used.

We used GC Initial here but we are now using more advanced techniques.

We just match to the shade tabs when prescribed.

Mrs.galfriday

Mrs.galfriday

Reaction score
"bite me"

Freakin' ouch.