Exocad Users, Stand Up and Share Tips

M

mst silva

Reaction score
View attachment 16106
The Strategie is complete wrong you see the double slash at the left side in the cam this comands are not executed . Ill think its an abutment or implant strategie with wrong curves and wrong mill comands . Abutment and Implant strategies fill holes sometimes during the process to get better surface.First the surface is milled after that the holes where milled but for each of them are curves in the automatic and although speciall mill operations for example xy or pocket or restmaterial an so on. If you whant to play a bit just change at the same point of the strat only the operation ill think there are 9 or ten and always different things happened although deepened on the curves the curves you see are only from your object and operation 0 degrees or 180 degrees makes another difference.Use a normal Fullzi and maybe less z for better surface and kick out 0.6 and 0.3 from occklusal side.

Take care if you find the command hole side 0 or 180

thank for reply to me again ...
i think my designing is a wrong or wrong mill commands...can you send your designing telescopic crown cad file and cam file...i think i can understand what is the wrong in my designing and what is the wrong in mill command...or can you tel me step by step how can designing and how cam mill telescope crown.....
I do as a mill command-
new job-/ /import a model /type object-telescope offset 2.50/scale 1.254/bounding box optimizer NO/maximum tooth thickness 10.55/.import matching parameters/crown 2bridge-crown -zr-dwx50-roland.cfg/high quality/import raw curves -D98-zr14-ZG-12-0009(My disk register no)and automatic positioning to disk and start mil........
i think my import matching parameaters is wrong.....
your advise is weary helpfully ....
thanks...
silva

cadfan

cadfan

Reaction score
thank for reply to me again ...
i think my designing is a wrong or wrong mill commands...can you send your designing telescopic crown cad file and cam file...i think i can understand what is the wrong in my designing and what is the wrong in mill command...or can you tel me step by step how can designing and how cam mill telescope crown.....
I do as a mill command-
new job-/ /import a model /type object-telescope offset 2.50/scale 1.254/bounding box optimizer NO/maximum tooth thickness 10.55/.import matching parameters/crown 2bridge-crown -zr-dwx50-roland.cfg/high quality/import raw curves -D98-zr14-ZG-12-0009(My disk register no)and automatic positioning to disk and start mil........
i think my import matching parameaters is wrong.....
your advise is weary helpfully ....
thanks...
silva

the cfg is wrong its the configuration for the strategie and this closes 180 degrees because he thinks its a abutment ill send you a private message but take care you must change all toolspositions to yours.!!!!!!! but without milling only for simulation you can use it as it is.!!!!!!

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues running exocad in windows 8.1?

R

Raviir

Reaction score
I have encountered a strange graphical glitch while trying to use sectional view:

This glitch appeared in 2014.02 [engine build 5164] version of exocad.
Any way to remedy this?

F

fleshfly

Reaction score
Hi guys sorry if this is answerd else were but i couldnt find it.
Is it possible to do this with exocad?
createch.PNG

Picture from createch

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
createch.PNG

Picture from createch

Either freeform and lots of patient , or wax it and copy it . I have done 2 of them , by waxing and copy them .

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
createch.PNG

Picture from createch

Yeah, it would be a dream. I'm trying to find the solution for months. I guess you have to create (rhino, autodesk...) an stl with every generic stump and fix in the module of bars (or attaches). When i have the solution (for sure that i will) i´ll post it (and you will pay me a beer)Five

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Yes you can ! :rolleyes:

Some clues to find the way….

With implant bar module ….
1.tiff
+2.tiff

If you don't have bar module, try with telescopic in DB ….

In metal or in wood as you want ….

Capture06.jpg

Capture10.jpg

;)

Last edited:
French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
Bois canadien bien sur ! :D

Le meilleur ! :)

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
French, i owe you a beer. Beer
Do you know how to make the secondary over that?

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
Yes you can ! :rolleyes:

Some clues to find the way….

With implant bar module ….
1.tiff
+2.tiff

If you don't have bar module, try with telescopic in DB ….

In metal or in wood as you want ….

Capture06.jpg

Capture10.jpg

;)

What do you colour the wooden one with? Ronseal?

French Cadman

French Cadman

Reaction score
French, i owe you a beer. Beer
Do you know how to make the secondary over that?

yes my friend I know that !

When the first part is finished , save the files you need to make the second part
Right clic on back ground select the files you need and save in STL ....
For exemple , Upper jaw + bar + gingiva = only one stl file after saving them ...
Then , to realise the second part you import this single file you have selected ...

excuse my english I hope you'll understand !

My wood is Canadian but my beer is always from belgium !

;)

AGV

AGV

Reaction score
French, thanks for reply.
I tried that way time ago, but for a reason i can't understand, exocad turns mad when you click for design crown margins. I had to milled it, scanned, and design it.
Do you know a way to sustract primary to secondary and mill them separate?. It would be great.

I

ivanzo

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Now i am in middle of selecting scanner. Hope you guys can share some idea.

I am opting Exocad + Medit Dental Scanner for scanning part.
For milling part, i am still confuse whether what should i do. Some say i can send the STL file to milling centre, so they can do milling part.

The question for the milling centre, they were asking me about the STL file, question about specification for their post processor which i totally clueless?

Anyone can help?

BDDS

BDDS

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Now i am in middle of selecting scanner. Hope you guys can share some idea.

I am opting Exocad + Medit Dental Scanner for scanning part.
For milling part, i am still confuse whether what should i do. Some say i can send the STL file to milling centre, so they can do milling part.

The question for the milling centre, they were asking me about the STL file, question about specification for their post processor which i totally clueless?

Anyone can help?

I believe they are just asking about milling parameters? The .stl provided by exocad is great, a starting point re: milling parameters should be provided by your milling center based on their success. Then you can make adjustments based on your liking.

ts4341

ts4341

Reaction score
I am make the switch from 3Shape to Exocad. I have a Wieland Mini Mill and I send Emax files out for Cad.
Looking to add Model Creator and send files for model printing. I'm looking forward to Exocad's software! Any advise on the software? Thanks T

E

elsaadawy

Reaction score
hello guys i'm Mohamed From Egypt, i have a cad cam system EGS Scanner with dentalCad Software and VHF Milling machine, i want to change the DentalCad software to Exocad software, from where i can get free trial exocad ??

E

exo

Reaction score
Ask your exocad-reseller about the demo-dongle. You can use every module there whithout saving.