Cad/Cam Dentures Wow!!

D

department19972

Reaction score
I've seen the Avadent system in action. The first appt takes the dentist a TON of time to get everything correct. The cost of this full denture will need to be up there to validate the dentist's time.
The puke of acylic is made of the ivoclar probase resin. The teeth usually need to be adjusted to fit within the milled sockets which is time consuming. The teeth are then "bonded" in place with a supplemental bonding agent. This agent needs to completely fill the socket, or you have food traps.
The conventional technique seems to be more profitable and predictable than CADCAM at this point. JMO.

Smilestyler

Smilestyler

Denturist
Reaction score
One of the Avadent reps informed me that a try in version could be milled(out of what he didn't say) but the cost would go up. As far as any benefits, I'm not seeing them. Proper fitting dentures take time and careful measurements no matter how you look at it. If they are trying to sell improved fit due to no acrylic shrinkage, I can't help but think of how soft tissue changes and bone resorption make this feature pointless, when I need to reline the denture after a few years anyhow.
The bonding of the teeth to the base concerns me as well.
I guess it's a cool concept, but I will stick to implants as the future in removables.

Y

YMS96

Reaction score
I've personally heard from a friend of the founder that their system just DOESNT WORK. Anybody here use them yet? I'm with the guy above me.

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
The first appt takes the dentist a TON of time to get everything correct. The cost of this full denture will need to be up there to validate the dentist's time.
A practice management consultants nightmare.
The same clinicians who couldnt get it right taking good conventional records, trimming rims, and finding vertical rest and VDO will still have the same bogus results. The only difference is that there will be NO oversight from a technician telling them something is wrong or to blame. weeeeee......

kellyniro98

kellyniro98

Reaction score
PAUL well said. and i second THAT. Just another bunch of rejects, trying to knock off all the technicians through their machines.... i say "bunch of rejects"... we all know HAND CRAFTED IS MORE ESTHETICALLY PLEASING... AND A HUGHER QUALITY PROSTHETIC....I say all of this while i am flipping the bird to AVDENT and its ilk. go suck on a big one avdent!!

JeffreyDugré

JeffreyDugré

Reaction score
PAUL well said. and i second THAT. Just another bunch of rejects, trying to knock off all the technicians through their machines.... i say "bunch of rejects"... we all know HAND CRAFTED IS MORE ESTHETICALLY PLEASING... AND A HUGHER QUALITY PROSTHETIC....I say all of this while i am flipping the bird to AVDENT and its ilk. go suck on a big one avdent!!

the rep just went to my office and told me i was the revolution of the full denture and all-on-4 cad/cam.And i agree with the gorgeous Kellyniro98 this is gonna be working maybe in 5-10 years and i said MAYBE. i just don't Believe in their system. I asked to the rep how my clients can try the denture before the milling process, his answer was there is no try of the denture that makes one less appointment for you and your clients i just can't believe it after all the modification the patient ask after trying the wax denture we CAN'T skip that !

TomZ

TomZ

Reaction score
They want you to market their proprietary technology to your clients. Let them spend their own friggin time and money.
This isnt like c and b, you cant buy a mill and scanner and do it yourself, they weasle their azz into your business.
I for teaching my client s the virtues of good clinical skills and give them tools for that.

JeffreyDugré

JeffreyDugré

Reaction score
They want you to market their proprietary technology to your clients. Let them spend their own friggin time and money.
This isnt like c and b, you cant buy a mill and scanner and do it yourself, they weasle their azz into your business.
I for teaching my client s the virtues of good clinical skills and give them tools for that.

You're right TomZ i totally agree with you !!

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Cad is here to stay, it has it's place. A prosthodontist I work with who just finished his residency says it is something a GP will use but not a prosthodontist. Time will tell. Something is always going to "revolutionize" the denture world. Something. Triad, Filou, can't remember the name of the one that uses a math solution.