Ivoclar S1 VS Shenpaz Sintra?

GoldRunner

GoldRunner

Reaction score
We need another sintering furnace ASAP! Having some issues with my P1, and parts are backordered. Parts seem to be very expensive for this furnace. I like Ivoclar furnaces, but open to other options. The Shenpaz Sintra looks like a very good furnace also, with stacking options for more crowns, and lower cost heating elements. Which one would provide the best results and reliability?

NicelyMKV

NicelyMKV

Reaction score
Why not a Mihm Vogt?

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we have three S1's - i like the way the programs are laid out (customize into 4 stages - so you can really experiement with different cycles). You can't go wrong with Shenpaz, mihm Vogt, Nabertherm...they are all great - but the real question is support.

I know if my furnace goes down, I will have a loaner in my lab tomorrow, and the broken one out for repair.

S1 tray size vs the other's are a bit small too. But we will be looking at our fourth one probably next month.

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Vita is also a great furnace with awesome support

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
There is a new Sintra's and Sintra Plus. They have 10 different heat ramps, Mosi2 heating elements, bottom entry for even heat distribution. Improved user interface, Max temp of 1600, heat rates from 1-70 degrees per min. We have 3 in use for several years, trouble free.
We have new units in stock. Can be shipped today. We have an LMT Chicago show special I can extend to you now. The special includes 8 CAP Multi FZ disks. Valued at over $1300. This material is not available in disk form yet but will ship with a Sintra order. We are thinking this multi colored zirconia disk will change the entire zirconia market in short order.
Call me if you like 877-977-7889
Bob

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
There is a new Sintra's and Sintra Plus. They have 10 different heat ramps, Mosi2 heating elements, bottom entry for even heat distribution. Improved user interface, Max temp of 1600, heat rates from 1-70 degrees per min. We have 3 in use for several years, trouble free.
We have new units in stock. Can be shipped today. We have an LMT Chicago show special I can extend to you now. The special includes 8 CAP Multi FZ disks. Valued at over $1300. This material is not available in disk form yet but will ship with a Sintra order. We are thinking this multi colored zirconia disk will change the entire zirconia market in short order.
Call me if you like 877-977-7889
Bob

We just had a board go out in our DuoTron oven from B&D so I just called Sam and ordered the Sintra oven. Looks like a great product.

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
We just had a board go out in our DuoTron oven from B&D so I just called Sam and ordered the Sintra oven. Looks like a great product.
You will not be disappointed. I don't think we have ever replaced a board in a Sintra.

T

TomMor

Reaction score
I've seen ovens that go to 1700. Is there any need to go that high?

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I've seen ovens that go to 1700. Is there any need to go that high?
No need to go to 1700 that I'm aware of. What's good about being able to go considerably higher than desired, you are not taking the furnace up to max tep cycle after cycle. Not even close. This means the furnace is operating well within the upper limit of the high temp. Likely prolonging the life expectancy of all the parts.

T

TomMor

Reaction score
I'm considering the sintra plus. I think the max temp on that is 1800. At least that is what I read in dental lab products magazine.

J

JohnMPisacane

Reaction score
We need another sintering furnace ASAP! Having some issues with my P1, and parts are backordered. Parts seem to be very expensive for this furnace. I like Ivoclar furnaces, but open to other options. The Shenpaz Sintra looks like a very good furnace also, with stacking options for more crowns, and lower cost heating elements. Which one would provide the best results and reliability?
Hi,

I am a dentist who bought an S1 last Nov, thought I was going to go do my own zirconia crowns (I am a 10 year CEREC guy, do most single units
with Vita or eMax). Well, long story short, ran the thing a few times, realizes that it isn't a 1-2-3 procedure, and I have an S1 I am going to list for sale on this site.

I saw this thread and thought to ask if you are still looking for another S1 - I can sell you mine, 5 cycles in, for a great deal.

John

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
wont ivoclar take it back?

J

JohnMPisacane

Reaction score
No, they won't.

I received the oven in early November, and with the Christmas rush I didn't investigate it much until January. When I did more research,
and ran through a few cycles and thought about the work flow, we were well past 90 days and they couldn't take it back.

This has been a lesson for me about buying something without full research just because my accountant says I need to spend some equipment money
before the end of the year!
John

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
I'm not up on the ivoclar unit. We have 3 Sintras and they just keep cranking. The oldest one is over three years now and we just replaced the heating elements. We do 9-10 cycles minimum a week in these. Very consistent firing.
I just wrote a blog on sintering furnaces. I think you can get much more info here.
http://cap-us.com/2014/04/10/a-look-at-sintering/

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi,

I am a dentist who bought an S1 last Nov, thought I was going to go do my own zirconia crowns (I am a 10 year CEREC guy, do most single units
with Vita or eMax). Well, long story short, ran the thing a few times, realizes that it isn't a 1-2-3 procedure, and I have an S1 I am going to list for sale on this site.

I saw this thread and thought to ask if you are still looking for another S1 - I can sell you mine, 5 cycles in, for a great deal.

John
curious on more information, how you mean doing your zirconia wasnt 1-2-3 procedure....

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
we have 4 Ivoclar S1's and they run flawlessly

Bumfrey

Bumfrey

Reaction score
I got an S1. Flawless also. So far.......urm 10 months old.

Smithwick0208

Smithwick0208

Reaction score
We have had an S1 for a few years now. Have had minimal problems out of it. Out of all of our furnaces, the S1 seemed to be more vulnerable towards acid-based dips. Not using those anymore, but that's the one thing I noticed. Good furnace all around, but the price and service can't compete with the Sintra. Parts are a bit expensive on the S1, where they are not with the Sintra.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So what is the air attachment for on the Sintra?

Top Bottom