Molloplast B

• Thread starter Mile Zero Denture Clinic
  • Start date
Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Mile Zero Denture Clinic

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks on cleaning the Molloplast off of the microwave flasks after processing? Its a nightmare to remove.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Try easysoft. for a processed reline. Can use just a reline jig and a pressure pot for 30 min. at 120 degrees and no pressure....a 4 cartridge batch can do about 20 relines...It turns out a bit softer than molloplast and doesn't stain...Can also try tokoyama sofreliner m which cures intraorally. I use that a lot on bedridden patients. I will be trying some Lang flexacryl which is not so expensive. I use that before I use the Tokoyama or easysoft to verify that a soft liner will work and aleviate the pain.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Never thought i would see Molloplast B spoke about as crap.

I think Wade is like a lot of techs that used to use Molloplast-B exclusively for years as it WAS the best product on the market for a REAL permanent softener. The material back then and today was technique demanding to get EXCEPTIONAL results but it did and does work great just tough to work with.

Today there are lots of easier faster alternatives all with their own set of pros and cons. While I still have a jar of Molly-B in the fridge I have not used it in years and I am sure its past the pull date.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Sorry for the sarcasm. I've seen way to many in Molloplast that had adhesion problems. Anybody remember the Virginia partial? I wasn't doing them a competitor was. Good idea but the failure rate was abysmal. All related to adhesion. As John stated, once upon a time it was all we had.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
I worked where the Virginia Partial was invented for 17 years. They stopped using molloplast when lucisoft came out.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
Are they still licensing these? Did the adhesion improve? I've used Lucisoft and it's a good product. I like the color of Astron and ease of use. And it can get really old and hangs in there, the color is very stable.

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
The adhesion was like night and day, much better. I don't know if they still offer franchises or not, I left there seven years ago.
Is the Astron only heat cure?

highscore

highscore

Reaction score
Dude... if you're having trouble with adhesion then you're doing it wrong.
To process a new denture use a silicone spacer (or even better a lab putty) and a plastic separating sheet. Once processed separate the denture in the top half of the flask from the model and bottom half of flask, rough the surface to be bonded to the molloplast. The gnarlier the better, then use monomer (not the primer, just regular monomer) generously on the acrylic. Let it soak in there really good. Once it's dry and clean then pack your molloplast like you would any heat cured reline, used a good separator and clamp it. Set in room temp water (I use a hotplate and a good old spaghetti pot for this specific purpose). Turn it to full. Once it reaches a boil I time it for two hours followed by a bench cool.
Wax spacer overnight in the press is a good way to get porosity and express too much acrylic during packing of the liner. Remember, process acrylic gives you better compression during packing, eliminating porosity of the liner, and ensuring a better bond.

C

cdtwade

Reaction score
I think better run out and get hotplate and a spaghetti pot. Just for removables.

Last edited:
denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Does anyone have any tricks on cleaning the Molloplast off of the microwave flasks after processing? Its a nightmare to remove.
OKay after a bit of experiementing I have tried the following....Flexacryl with limited success and only for a temporary freebe....MOloplast still the best solution. There is some mollopklast remover you can get through HS...Tokoyama sofreliner M I will use if the denture is to be replaced in less than two years. They also make a Tokoyama Hard which is really good to use on uppers that need a reline. Vovo Ufigel is a good chairside hard reline material and doesnt burn the patient. I am trying lately something called GC hard reline but it gets quite hot half way through the curing stage so need to remove it....Easysoft is good too but not if its too thick...Keep it thin less than 2 mm and it will have a good bond but you will need ot wear a mask and gloves to keep it scurpulously clean..Also need to clean the intaglio surface with monomer and let it sit in the pressure pot at 120 degrees F and cure it for more than an hour.
I do nto microwave my molloplast. I use it long cure for two and a half hours...a pain but easier to clean of the metal flasks and a much stronger bond results.
I have ordered some stuff called mollosil which is made by Detax the same company as MOlloplast. I wam still waiting for it and wil let you know how it works. I want a really good bond....Tokoyama has the best bond of the chairside reline materials....Consider doing a chairside for out of towners and those whose denture will be relaced within two years.
I have seen the Dentsply soft reline materal that is processed in an Ivocap system but nothing I want to look at at this point.
Being on an outpatient call basdis has its advantages as my arsenel of soft reline materials is quite extensive....But the detax products are good....

For a good tissue conditioner I have found that Coe comfort is really good on the upper but coesoft is much better on the lower and the patients like the flavour far better than the traditional tempo...but dont expect the coe comfort to last as long...I use it for immediates and boney ridges plus use it as a functional impression material along with hydrocast but you need ot be careful making the models...

hope this helps....
PS Molloplast does make a remover fluid....Check on HS website.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Dude... if you're having trouble with adhesion then you're doing it wrong.
To process a new denture use a silicone spacer (or even better a lab putty) and a plastic separating sheet. Once processed separate the denture in the top half of the flask from the model and bottom half of flask, rough the surface to be bonded to the molloplast. The gnarlier the better, then use monomer (not the primer, just regular monomer) generously on the acrylic. Let it soak in there really good. Once it's dry and clean then pack your molloplast like you would any heat cured reline, used a good separator and clamp it. Set in room temp water (I use a hotplate and a good old spaghetti pot for this specific purpose). Turn it to full. Once it reaches a boil I time it for two hours followed by a bench cool.
Wax spacer overnight in the press is a good way to get porosity and express too much acrylic during packing of the liner. Remember, process acrylic gives you better compression during packing, eliminating porosity of the liner, and ensuring a better bond.
Exactly....for molloplast the microwave is a quick but has its limitations and pitfalls....far better off to heat cure it.

lcmlabforum

lcmlabforum

Reaction score
I heard good things about the GC Soft Reline material - but need automixing gun and tips. Used it recently, jury still out
on pt who has poor OH . . .
LCM

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
I heard good things about the GC Soft Reline material - but need automixing gun and tips. Used it recently, jury still out
on pt who has poor OH . . .
LCM
Who doesn't have a auto mix gun these days?
I'm not sure any soft liner can withstand piss poor hygiene.