Gold solder -Help!

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
have a 3 unit gold bridge that i need to solder, was hoping to send it down the street to weld, but turns out they won't, I don't have any solder investment, can I use high heat casting investment? Will it hold up to boiling off the index wax? Good grief it's been 10 yrs plus sense I've done this:rolleyes:

Thanks all

Carol

Z

ztech

Reaction score
You can also treat it like a rapid burnout investment and heat after a 25 minute bench set. If you paint a small amount of flux on the joint before you index, you can eliminate the boilout and just heat it slowly with a torch starting at the bottom edge all the way around and working the torch slowly up to the bridge without even preheating. be sure to trim the patty to the minimum deminsions and you should take a couple of minutes to work your way around the patty until you are at the unit to be soldered. This will eliminate the moisture in the solder patty and burnoff all the wax or other indexing material.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
thanx!!

invested and setting up. It really has been a verrrrrrrrry long time doing a solder job with a torch. I'm sure back in the golden days I remembered how, but oh well, I'll just put down to another senior moment - lol

C

droberts

droberts

Reaction score
thanx!!

invested and setting up. It really has been a verrrrrrrrry long time doing a solder job with a torch. I'm sure back in the golden days I remembered how, but oh well, I'll just put down to another senior moment - lol

C

I can easily laser weld that with high content gold wire.

wwcanoer

wwcanoer

Reaction score
Thanks Guys!!!

It's nice to know that old abilities can be dredged up. Bridge soldered and fits like a "dream"

Carol

and remember no question is a dumb question, as we've all been there, or will be there

Top Bottom