Amann Girrbach Giroform model system

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Anyone use Giroform system? I'm looking to speed up our model work and improve the appearance.

Is this system worth the money and time to learn the tricks?

Right now we use a traditional pinning system with a Renfert Pindex.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

corona

corona

Reaction score
im using artimax system . saves tons of time . no matter what system you buy it still comes down to the hands doing the model work . They need to have a good knowledge of what/ why a good set of models looks like . good luck . corona

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i have it. this system can be a bit tricky to make thin lower anteriors, but generally it is an OK system to use; worthy to note: setting the bur at the correct height can be a bit tricky, so try not to break it by drilling through the metal center disks.

the plastic plates can get expensive after a while, so i hope you plan on printing your own or otherwise having a ready source available.

the silicone putty they have is amazing stuff. its worth it to just buy a few tubs of it for general purpose.

keep a toothbrush handy for cleaning the models, they will get very dusty and if any dust gets in the pins, the dies won't seat right and you'll have a mess on your hands.

the pins they give you are completely round, so you are forced to use two per die, which as i said earlier can make life tricky on lower anterior cases.

you'll need a pretty powerful vibration table too as the pourable monstrosities you get with this system are pretty heavy.

overall its the same amount of work as pindexing, just no glue involved (unless the worst happens)

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
We have the zeiser system . Almost the same as Giroform , but cheaper . It is a real time saver compared to pindex . I agree with CoolHandLuke , lower anteriors can be tricky , but once you get used of it , you will never look back . I can't agree that it is the same amout of work as pindex . In maximum 6-7 minutes the impression is poured . Then just wait for the plaster to set , and after that another 10 minutes to cut it and trim it . We also use the schick concept G 2 cutter which is perfect for that kind of systems , saves time , and it gives you a pretty result . It is cheper and more accurate than pindex .

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
Giroform or Zeiser are great systems. I have used the Zeiser now use Girform and wouldn't go any other way. They're so accurate. blocking out will get quicker as you go but expect to spend about 5 minutes a model doing that right. As far as presentation goes nothing compares i believe.

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
I had a rush zirconia case yesterday and I wanted to put it in the oven for overnight sintering . I received the impression at 8.45 and the zirc was in the oven at 10.15 . 17 minutes for the machine to mill it , 15 minutes for me to scan and design , 3 and a half minutes to paint it , and 10 minutes to dry it . Plus 2 minutes to trim gum from the margin area . Total 47 minutes . The rest 43 minutes was zeiser preparation , pouring the stone and waiting for it to set , cut and trim . What would be the time for a pindex model ?

C

charles007

Reaction score
Where do you buy the Zieiser system ?

ice_pascu

ice_pascu

Reaction score
I use this system with a standard pindex,low cost plates,and is 1/7 the price of Giroform system.And no need to buy a special pindex sistem.The plates can be use on standard Giroform System
010.jpg
010.jpg

Last edited:
Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score

These are the old model . The new one has magnet like giroform . I wouldn't recomend the old one because it is more difficult to handle and less accurate . I had it and trade it for the new one .

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
If you use a die stone that stacks well you can cut down the time taken with this system, by only blocking out the centre of the imp, the excess on the outside can wiped off with a finger really easily.

For trimming Giroform models I use a router for the inner arch and an old model trimmer fitted with a diamond disc for the outer arch (used dry, hooked up to dust extractor),it takes only a couple of minutes at most and the models look really good.

As for hitting the disc, don't use those plates, get the ones with no disc as they are cheaper and either glue or screw the metal disc in afterwards if you need it.

J

Jorge

Reaction score
I use this system with a standard pindex,low cost plates,and is 1/7 the price of Giroform system.And no need to buy a special pindex sistem.The plates can be use on standard Giroform System
View attachment 3883

Hello ice-pascu, can you provide more information about that system?

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
i find the giroform expensive, why not use a system such as SILADENT Dr. Böhme & Schöps GmbH - Products

very fast , not expensive, and i believe the end result is similar, it's been a year i'm using it, very satisfied.
i still use the pindex, some old techniques never die. :)

Labwa

Labwa

Reaction score
I think when you have full arch of crowns you will see a difference in accuracy between giro or zeiser vs anything else.

Toto

Toto

Reaction score
Monotrac system -closest thing to a solid model -especially for those lower anteriors where the dies are thin .

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Monotrac system -closest thing to a solid model -especially for those lower anteriors where the dies are thin .

We have tried the monotrac system, but I couldn't get my goofy model tech(family member and woman:rolleyes:)to trim and box the impressions so they fit perfectly on the trays without getting voids between the base and impression.:rolleyes:

I have the same hesitation with getting the Girroform system, but only I would be doing my own model work on the Girroform and wouldn't have to worry about people that want to waste their time with a basing, glueing, and tons a trimming...to get a model that leaves a lot to be desired for how much work it involves.

Maybe I'll just get out the monotracs again and box, pour up, and cut in 3hours, what would take this person an entire day.*sigh*

Seriously, marathon sessions on the model trimmer and router the way this individual does basing and pouring...just trying to make their life easier and I get all kinds of grief for it.:confused:

Gdentallab

Gdentallab

Reaction score
Is it as accurate as zeiser or giroform ?

Drizzt, i actually can't answer you because i haven't tested zeiser or giroform. we need someone who have both systems to compare.

SiKBOY

SiKBOY

Reaction score
I've used the zeiser system before and the plates are exy but you can always recycle them a few times before there are too many holes drilled through them. It works okay except when dies are on weird angles, you have to trim away a lot off the side walls of either the die or adjacent teeth to get the die out.

You also have to make sure the working area is close to the edge of the tray or else your porc brush won't reach the die.

I've gone back to the old trusty dowel pin system. It's cheap, set the pins on any angle you want so it draws without any interferences and you can trim the land area to desired after basing.

It's not so accurate but I always use a secondary solid uncut pour for more accuracy.

If you are lookin for an idiot proof system, the zeiser is better than the dowel pin. I wouldn't trust the dowel pin with a rookie/trainee. Too many things can go wrong.

Top Bottom