Anterior training

trianglej

trianglej

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinion on where or how to get some good Anterior education if your present employment does not provide for the opportunity?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Fundamentals of Esthetics by Oliver Brix
ISBN# 3-932599-13-6
He also teaches a course out in Frisco on occasion.

http://www.ideausa.net/courses2.asp?discipline={34E233EE-54DF-40C0-B443-A988D6945B14}

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
CLICK HERE

Anterior Function
.and Esthetics

.Concepts for developing anterior function, form, labial
.morphology and optical illusions.

This updated two day hands-on waxing seminar will go beyond esthetics and give the dental team an in depth understanding of lingual morphology as it applies to function, form and phonetics. Participants will learn techniques which will help them obtain proper preparation reduction for PFM's, pressed ceramic and CAD/CAM fabricated restorations. This class will include how to prevent porcelain fractures during various eccentric movements and how to use color and labial morphology to create optical illusions.

Students will use tooth colored dentin, enamel and transparent waxes to complete a six unit anterior wax up following the ''DeVreugd Compass Concept''©.

2 Day Hands-On Waxing Seminar: $1,025.00

**Registration deadlines are two weeks prior to seminar**

Oct. 21 - 22 2011 Durham, N.C.

2012 Dates

June 8-9 Durham, N.C.
November 9-10 Durham, N.C.

To participate in or host a course, please call
(919) 889-2556
(919) 797-0857

subrisi

subrisi

Reaction score
Have you tried youtube or google? I am always amazed how many great tutorials and lectures are on youtube. Try to think of as many as possible variations of keywords to search. This is free and you don't have to go anywhere since you obviously have no financial support from your employer.

Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
Get a good camera and post some work up on here, and hope all the experts tell you what's screwed up....that's what I did for a start.

I'll be going to the Oliver Brix Course at IDEA in San Fran soon, but that's costing me a pretty penny and some.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
"I'll be going to the Oliver Brix Course at IDEA in San Fran soon, but that's costing me a pretty penny and some"

dont worry its worth every penny ;)

If you wanna get the most out of the course then heres what i did:

Make a couple of refractory dies up for 11 to do a refractory veneer.
Make a couple of emax copings up for 12
Make a couple of Zirconia copings up for 13.

Oliver will cover doing all 3 types on the course.

Do a wax up 11-13 so that you can make a putty incisal index up to help guide the build ups (they dont tell you to do this in the instruction sheet but they should really).

Hope fully you will then come away with a nice presentation peice to show clients how you can blend all three different techniques/materials.

Heres what i came back with:

aimg222.imageshack.us_img222_9104_img0003di.jpg

Not prefect but usually i manage to make a screw up on courses so i was quite happy.

Next time when a client sais they dont like using zirconia because of white margins or the opaque look etc you can show em your model, and ask em to tell you which ones zirconia ;)

If i hadnt of said, how many people here could guess what was what from the image there? :)

Last edited:
Alistar

Alistar

Reaction score
"I'll be going to the Oliver Brix Course at IDEA in San Fran soon, but that's costing me a pretty penny and some"

dont worry its worth every penny ;)

If you wanna get the most out of the course then heres what i did:

Make a couple of refractory dies up for 11 to do a refractory veneer.
Make a couple of emax copings up for 12
Make a couple of Zirconia copings up for 13.

Oliver will cover doing all 3 types on the course.

Do a wax up 11-13 so that you can make a putty incisal index up to help guide the build ups (they dont tell you to do this in the instruction sheet but they should really).

Hope fully you will then come away with a nice presentation peice to show clients how you can blend all three different techniques/materials.

Heres what i came back with:

Not prefect but usually i manage to make a screw up on courses so i was quite happy.

Next time when a client sais they dont like using zirconia because of white margins or the opaque look etc you can show em your model, and ask em to tell you which ones zirconia ;)

If i hadnt of said, how many people here could guess what was what from the image there? :)

Sweet work man. I'd guess the number 6 is the zirc :D

Thanks for the tips. I'll ready that stuff for the trip. I'm really looking forward to the course. This will be my first real learning experience and i'm sure it will be an eye opener.

I took a Kris Kirsten course about 8 years ago with my dad and didn't learn crap. But I wasn't that interested in learning back then.

P

paulg100

Reaction score
what i have found over the years with porcelain courses, is that you need to have already attained a certain level of skill to get the most from a course.

If you go to one that is to advanced for the level your at, then it will blow your brain and you come back having hardly learnt anything.

Trying to fast track and just book the most advanced course when your not ready dosent work.

amadent

amadent

http://amadent.net/Home.p
Reaction score
what i have found over the years with porcelain courses, is that you need to have already attained a certain level of skill to get the most from a course.

If you go to one that is to advanced for the level your at, then it will blow your brain and you come back having hardly learnt anything.

Trying to fast track and just book the most advanced course when your not ready dosent work.

Excellent Point Paul

i also took Olivers class a few years back, cant find my model and restorations at the moment, but the class was worth very $
when i find them i will post pic

Greg Amendola MDT